Win 7 won't boot/BSOD, ran FRST, need FIXLIST.txt

After deleting the virus using the TDSS Killer like you said, I upgraded to windows 8 then windows 8.1. Took forever but it looks great!!!!

AVG free 2014 and Windows Defender say there's no threats detected but is there another way/program on windows 8.1 that I can use to make sure the Trojan Alureon is completely gone?

Because when I was going to run another FRST scan to check my PC for any malware, my USB drive with FRST.exe on it was alerted by AVG, which detected a Trojan/sinowel virus on it. AVG then removed the threat and deleted the FRST.exe program off the USB.

Is this a new virus or the same virus, just a leftover part of the original one that wasn't completely removed?

I got the FRST download directly from this site (seems trustworthy):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Should I redownload FRST from same site or different one to check my PC for any leftover "Trojan alureon/sinowel viruses"? It says FRST is for windows xp, vista,7, 8... Not compatible 8.1????

Thanks a lot so far for your help! I hope I never get another BSOD or virus after this... :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top