Win32/Branstall.B - removal

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
Hi, I only recently discovered your fxlist.txt attachment. Sorry about that.
I have the fixlog.txt - attached here.
Now dealing with AdwCleaner.exe

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 60

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
Hi, I tried to send the Fixlog.txt but it is not showing here - so enclosing again.
I have run AdwCleaner and the computer re-started.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 35

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,
Just found your message.
I shall run my scanner to see if it still picks up Branstall.B
When that is done, I shall let you know.

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
I ran a quick scan and all ok - but quick scan never found Branstall.B before this work was done - so I shall run a full scan later.
The computer seems to be quicker!
Thanks
I shall get back to you after the scan.

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,
Sorry to say - Win32/Branstall.B is still there.
It must come in on email? - the type from 'parcel delivery' or 'bank accounts' which I do not have etc.

I don't know if this helps: There was a list of about six items all similar to this:
file.E\users\Deepthought\Downloads\PCPerformerSetup.exe

Kind regards,
Lynne

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Did you deleted them? These items cannot harm your system in this condition, because these are just setup files on other partition. You can either use Microsoft Security Essentials to deal with them or delete them manually.

If we exclude this, your system is clean. Do you have any other issue, or we can finish.

Lynne Haywood

Thread author
Verified
Jul 7, 2014
When I run a full scan it still finds Branstal.B and says the infection is critical. Then the scan advises that I run CLEAN
I follow the advice and then the virus is gone.
When I next run a full scan, it again finds Branstall.B and I repeat the process.

The only way the virus can keep coming back is via silly stuff in email that downloads via my Windows Live Mail.
It is Windows Live Mail which requires anti-virus.
Perhaps I should try and update Windows Live Mail?

Apart from that, the computer does not appear to have a problem, so thanks for your assistance.
I shall support and recommend your website.
Lynne

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.