Guide | How To WinAero: How to skip Start Screen natively without using any third-party tool

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
WinAero: How to skip Start Screen natively without using any third-party tool - topic here ..

How to skip Start Screen natively without using any third-party tool : on WinAero.com : http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-skip-start-screen-natively-without-using-any-third-party-tool/

'.. we are going to share a simple tweak that can natively boot Windows 8 to the desktop.' ..

ultradolby1

Verified
Nov 8, 2012
...a reboot? - & you have to enter your product key? - sounds to me like they're going to steal your product key to publish for the bootleggers & pirates (& who knows what it may do to YOUR registration) you might wind up with a borked box that Microsoft won't validate - sounds like really risky business to me - so why didn't they just print the instructions, instead of an EXECUTABLE, weather it's a script on an actual app, smells fishy to me - DANGEROUS....DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER, DANGER...

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Na it aint dangerous. WinAero guys apps are great. I myself use some of his apps like personalization panel on my win7 box.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There are 3rd party programs such as classic shell,win8 start button,pokki,power8,to name a few that dont require entering your product key and a few I know allow you to go directly to the desktop on startup.

See this review http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57496506-292/how-to-get-the-start-menu-back-in-windows-8/

You can also edit the registry to accomplish this but problem with this is your explorer screen will always be open on your desktop on startup.

Another way without editing your registry is to make sure your desktop tile is in the upper right on your metro UI and when you startup after entering your password instead of tapping enter,hold it down and it will go straight to your desktop

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.