Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAero Tweaker - WINAERO.COM

After years of development, I decided to release an all-in-one application which will include most options available in my free Winaero apps and extend it as much as possible. I would like to introduce Winaero Tweaker - universal tweaker software which supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

MORE INFORMATION

DOWNLOAD | CHANGELOG

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WinAero Tweaker 0.2.5.0 is out - WINAERO.COM

I am happy to announce Winaero Tweaker 0.2.5. Although I am considering this release as a minor one, you might be interested in playing with the new options I implemented for Windows 10. It allows you to tweak some secret hidden options which do not exist in the Settings app or in other parts of the Windows 10 GUI.

I implemented the ability to turn on the dark theme for Settings and apps with just two checkboxes. Play with the options in Windows 10 Techincal Preview -> Dark Color Scheme and see if the result is usable for you.

The first option is the "Special Color" feature. It allows you to define a custom color which can be added to Settings -> Personalization -> Colors page of the Settings app, specifically to the last color box. That color can be applied to the taskbar, Start menu and Notification Center.

The second option is called "Custom Accents" and allows you to define 8 additional colors which will be displayed in Personalization -> Colors page in the Settings app.

DOWNLOAD

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Winaero Tweaker 0.3.0.2 is out - WINAERO CHANGELOGS

v0.3.0.2 contains bug fixes
  • post not found
v0.3.0.1 contains bug fixes, and new options
  • Disable login screen background
  • Activate Windows Photo Viewer
v0.3 contains bug fixes, and new options
  • Coloured title bars
  • Enable old volume control
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Reactions: LabZero and Oxygen
D

Deleted member 178

good job but can't reset to default or untick the boot options boxes on Win10

edited: it works but took long time :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
October 30th, Changelog - Winaero Tweaker 0.3.2.2 is out

This release focuses on new options for the Aero Snap feature and some bug fixes. Let's see what those are.
I noticed the following issues:
  • The reset button was not working properly for the following options:
    • Advanced Appearance - Menus
    • Advanced Appearance - Messagebox
    • Advanced Appearance - Status bar
    • Advanced Appearance - Title bar
  • The Title bar font option was not changing the appearance of the small title bar (also know as "tool window").
    • I fixed the issues mentioned above and implemented a new option which allows you to customize Aero Snap behavior.
As you might be knowing, in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, you can only turn on or turn off Aero Snap completely. However, under the hood, there is an ability to customize its behavior by disabling individual snapping options!

With this new version of Winaero Tweaker, you will be able to:
  • Disable vertical maximizing of windows.
  • Disable snapping, but keep all other Aero Snap features on.
  • Disable dragging of maximized windows.
Download - Winaero Tweaker

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Winaero Tweaker 0.5.0.5 is out - 14th April 2016

A new version of Winaero Tweaker is out, featuring a significant number of new features. Along with new features, I fixed some minor bugs and made some improvements to the user interface of the app.

Bug Fixes:
  • Folders you added to This PC/Computer folder to be shown without icons under 64-bit Windows in 32-bit apps.
  • Trackbars (sliders) were cut off on high DPI displays. I have fixed the trackbar control layout to eliminate this.
New Features
  • Ability to add custom folders and system locations to the navigation pane of File Explorer
  • Wallpaper JPEG quality for Windows 10
  • Restore Briefcase
  • Show Windows version on the Desktop
  • User interface changes and improvements
Full Post: Winaero Tweaker 0.5.0.5 is out

Download: Downloads / Software / Winaero Tweaker

Reactions: frogboy
A

antreas

Version 0.6.0.8 released
Winaero Tweaker 0.6.0.8 is out with 14 new features

I am happy to introduce another version of my tweaking software for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Winaero Tweaker has reached version 0.6.0.8. I made a few improvements to the app and added 14 new features that you might find useful. Let's see what they are.

The application can now properly recognize Windows 10 "Creators Update", which is expected to be released in 2017. This allows Winaero Tweaker to hide those tweaks which no longer work in this version of the OS. For example, I had to hide the "Briefcase" feature, since Microsoft completely removed Briefcase in Windows 10 Creators Update and it cannot be restored any more.​

Mod Edit: Replaced incorrect information and Added blog source.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.