Not open for further replies.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
This isn't caused by any of the updates released today, was actually a confirmed bug days ago.
It actually exists since 1803. Somehow I doubt it is a bug, more like MS trying to force its apps again, but :censored:

Killed drag-and-drop on 3 systems. And guess what, not a thing installed on the systems. All 100 % re-fried Windows 10. All by itself, messing with itself. I'm sure there is more stuff. Just wait for the reports to filter in.
No problem, MS will just postpone 1809 and re-re-release it again. :)
In the meantime, I will just wait for 1903, it should be out in 3-4 months.

1903, it should be out in 3-4 months.

Titanic.gif

L

Local Host

It actually exists since 1803. Somehow I doubt it is a bug, more like MS trying to force its apps again, but :censored:

No problem, MS will just postpone 1809 and re-re-release it again. :)
In the meantime, I will just wait for 1903, it should be out in 3-4 months.
I know, as I said it's a know bug (Microsoft already aknownledge it), I honestly have no problem with extensions on my Desktop.

As I said before, none of the Updates released yesterday brough this bug (far as I know it's already fixed on 1809). Worst case scenario next week on all builds.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
How do they manage to create more bugs with each new version? It's like they forget to include all the patches that they made in their next build. That's the only explanation that I can think of. Someone forgot to pull all the patches into the build. Like how??. How do you manage to break things that weren't even broken in the previous versions?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How do they manage to create more bugs with each new version? It's like they forget to include all the patches that they made in their next build. That's the only explanation that I can think of. Someone forgot to pull all the patches into the build. Like how??. How do you manage to break things that weren't even broken in the previous versions?
1 Every time you change the code, you are almost guaranteed to break something. So every update will perforce create new bugs
2 Sad but true, even some of my favorite devs occasionally forget to put the patch they made into the build. It's called an oversight.
3 Not trying to defend MS's messups, just trying to explain how they come into being.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I always just create a system image before any major update, then if it breaks something important I revert back. It ain't foolproof as I'm forced to update eventually but it's better than living with the breakages.
Saying that I cannot even begin to understand why Microsoft doesn't allow Home users to defer feature updates like all other versions.

I think I was just lucky the first two times. Now it's nice and broken again.

I don't know how that could be... because (paraphrasing from memory here) "Microsoft had at least 6 months to know what was deprecated, they gave the APIs, suggested new alternatives and announced what was changed to their very own people."

Are you sure you aren't attributing it wrongly ? "It has to be either your fault or some 3rd-party program on your system. If you did the update manually then you caused it."

No, wait, wait, wait... "it's a beta." (Well, technically, that one is correct - Windows 10 is a perpetual beta). So what are you complaining about ? Be happy that your M$haft master has acknowledged your guinea pig status by giving you a beta update.

/S

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't know how that could be... because (paraphrasing from memory here) "Microsoft had at least 6 months to know what was deprecated, they gave the APIs, suggested new alternatives and announced what was changed to their very own people."

Are you sure you aren't attributing it wrongly ? "It has to be either your fault or some 3rd-party program on your system. If you did the update manually then you caused it."

No, wait, wait, wait... "it's a beta." (Well, technically, that one is correct - Windows 10 is a perpetual beta). So what are you complaining about ? Be happy that your M$haft master has acknowledge your guinea pig status by giving you a beta update.

/S
I think Umbra was right -- they only fixed the stuff that the media made a big fuss about. Somebody over there in Redmond is LOLing us.

E

Eddie Morra

Microsoft need to get their act together.

When their own employees cannot follow their own documentation to prevent mess-ups... sorry, but that is ignorance.

I do not care if bugs come with all software, of course it is a natural thing because humans are not perfect. However, if the employee doesn't know how what they are working on is supposed to do and how it affects other components, then they shouldn't be working on that component until they have revised it thoroughly.

Absolutely bizarre.

Microsoft need to get their act together.

When their own employees cannot follow their own documentation to prevent mess-ups... sorry, but that is ignorance.

I do not care if bugs come with all software, of course it is a natural thing because humans are not perfect. However, if the employee doesn't know how what they are working on is supposed to do and how it affects other components, then they shouldn't be working on that component until they have revised it thoroughly.

Absolutely bizarre.

No, no, no, no, no... home users and SMB that do not understand are supposed "to just deal with it." Saying anything about it is just whining and complaining - and one isn't supposed to do that.

They are supposed to have "contingency plans" against these sorts of things.

Gee, hmmm, let me see... most people would just disable the install of Windows updates, but oh, that's right... M$haft took that capability away from typical home users in Windows 10 Home. That begs the question "Why would people disable Windows updates ? Don't they know those updates are good for them ?" B-e-c-a-u-s-e Microsoft has never been able to get them right and people want stability and reliability more than anything else.

How dare you sir ! Microsoft and Windows 10 are awesome !

/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.