Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3105213 Fails to Install for Some

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It’s botched update day at Microsoft today, as reports on problems experienced during update installation or after the process ended keep coming.

This time, it’s the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 that is causing trouble, with a number of users explaining that it fails to install on their PCs.

This isn’t the first time when a cumulative update actually fails to install, as similar bugs were experienced by other users in the past, with no workaround available at this point. And the case hasn’t changed too much because no solution seems to be available this time either, so if you come across installation problems with cumulative update KB3105213, your only option is to install everything manually.

Manually installing included patches could help
Users who turned to Microsoft’s Community forums for help reported that, in some cases, manually downloading and installing all included patches helps.

Others, however, say it’s impossible to install KB3105213:

“One of today's (11-Nov-2015) updates to my Windows 10 (x64) PC has repeatedly failed to install. I have tried 3 times (both the automatic and manually downloaded versions) with both my Norton security both enabled and disabled. The update in question is KB 3105213 [Cumulative Update for Windows10 for x64 based systems]. The remaining 11 updates installed correctly. I am seeking help as to how I should proceed. Thanks in anticipation.”

Cumulative updates include all the previously released fixes that Microsoft shipped for Windows 10, so if you install this latest one, your computer should be up to date with everything. So even if you had problems installing an older cumulative update, if you manage to deploy KB3105213, your PC is running the latest improvements released by Microsoft.

Of course, everyone hopes that Microsoft is already looking into the problem, but there’s still no mention whether a fix is on its way or not.

Also see this article Windows 10 Updates KB3106932 and KB3105210 Also Causing Issues

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
That is why I rarely update my win 7 but i download *those safe* updates after a month or two. MS must also have a second option of reverting back into old version incase updates are failing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think its a time to bring back the function to make update delayed like on Windows 7, which no any reason to reject where botched is problematic for some users.

However at the end of the day, does Microsoft will listen on that suggestion? We cannot tell.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Atleast MS must design a fail safe environment where if the system is botched up by an update, a safe mode is initiated to reverse its effects.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511,10586 fails to install for me

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Is it the Threshold Update or so called Win 10.0.2 that fails to install?
Threshold Update

Links for Windows Update standalone installer below

Manual Download:
Build 10586 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3105211):

x64: https://t.co/rhsFfBWs2Y
x86: https://t.co/UD1t63Dd4G

Build 10240 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3105213):

x64. https://t.co/9pTrFssCg1
x86: https://t.co/ylW4inEGNl

Source: Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3105213 November 10th. - Windows 10 Forums

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.