Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Evening Friends

I was looking through a few posts and noticed that updates people had received and installed my system had none of them. Infact, the only updates I have installed/showing up are x 4 for Windows Defender, is that normal, or are there a lot more than this?

Tony :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There were a few cumulative updates some requiring restarts.There were some other updates that did not require a restart

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thank you exterminator20 - how do I go about downloading the updates, or fixing it? I have used the built in update repair software, no change.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Thank you exterminator20 - how do I go about downloading the updates, or fixing it? I have used the built in update repair software, no change.

Hi @Tony Cole

Maybe you should try to download and install Cumulative Update 3 manually.
I found download links for Windows 10 Update Pack (Cumulative Update 3).

Architecture: 32-bit
Download

Architecture: 64-bit
Download

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Exterminator

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you attempt to Repair using Administrative privileges, as shown below?

upload_2015-8-18_19-4-16.png

Reboot, and Check for Windows Updates.

After updating, remember to restart the system to allow the updates to finish installing.

upload_2015-8-18_19-8-1.png

Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 replace their previous, meaning you can install the latest KB update, without worrying about the previous releases.

For example, from a KB Informational page.
upload_2015-8-18_19-12-8.png

KB3074683 (29th July 2015) was replaced by KB3081424 (5th August 2015) etc.. which was replaced by the latest KB3081438 (14th August 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.