Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Alright but the service is already stopped.
Then I don't know. We might have to wait until Microsoft fixes this. :D

I'm running sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Then I'm going to try to install update again.

Guess what guys, a miracle happened! :D
I've restored older system image and ran Windows Update. This update was now installed without any problems. I don't know how but, for now, everything works great. I hope there won't be any problems like this in future. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This update downloaded and was installed in my organization. After the reboot several applications would no longer work. Excel 2016, Powerpoint 2016, Firefox (Any Version), Adobe Acrobat and the reader. The only way we were able to resolve the issue was to uninstall the update and postpone updates until a later time. We also discovered that if you start windows in safe mode the applications would start without issue. We also tested on a plain jane installation of windows 10 v1703 with just those apps installed and results were the same indicating it was not a third party piece of software that was causing the problem.
So assumedly, it is drivers specific to your particular hardware that are conflicting.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
On my desk top the update went in no problem, my wife's laptop not so lucky. When the update finished it said failed but wouldn't quit trying to install itself. The computer became so bogged down you couldn't do anything with it. She's going to have to take it in and get the computer looked at.

That's fine and dandy if you can get the screen to come up. But I can't even get the screen to show.

kayminsdad

Sep 15, 2017
I've ran system restore twice since Tuesday to get Edge working again, but the update ran again overnight. On a tip from one of the other comments, I went to Settings to change my home page to Google, and as soon as I clicked the save icon, the original home page (MSN??) popped up. It's been working ever since.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Had a go at doing the update today... it failed. Took ages for it to revert back to how it was too:rolleyes:
Will try again later - touch wood:p

Tried again for a second time... Failed again:mad:
Any suggestions on how to get it to work?
Well done MS. You've certainly excelled in wasting my time!!:cautious:

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Tried again for a second time... Failed again:mad:
Any suggestions on how to get it to work?
Well done MS. You've certainly excelled in wasting my time!!:cautious:
Try by downloading installer from Microsoft Update Catalog and running it manually. I had the same problem and I really don't know how I installed the update. I've restored an older system image and ran Windows Update. After a while, Windows were updated successfully.

Thread author
For users that know better and can manage it financially, the best convenient option is to get Win 10 Pro and set WU to pause updates for 35 days.

Or for the most effective option a user can just disable Windows Update service and learn to install W10 updates manually.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Try by downloading installer from Microsoft Update Catalog and running it manually. I had the same problem and I really don't know how I installed the update. I've restored an older system image and ran Windows Update. After a while, Windows were updated successfully.
Tried your one this morning - that failed too!:cry:
Looks like most of the security updates installed so will leave it for now - ain't got time to mess about with it at the moment as an afternoon on the terraces at the footy and drinking beer comes first!!:LOL::LOL:

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Tried your one this morning - that failed too!:cry:
Looks like most of the security updates installed so will leave it for now - ain't got time to mess about with it at the moment as an afternoon on the terraces at the footy and drinking beer comes first!!:LOL::LOL:
Don't forget to pause updates. If you don't pause updates, Windows Update will continue to download the same package and try to install it over and over again.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Staying with the build 15063.540 :cool:
Capture1.PNG

Laptop specs:
Intel Celeron B820 @1.7 GHz
2GB of RAM
Windows 10 Pro x64

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
So I installed the September 2017 updates in my lab this morning...woooaaaa boy, what a mess. I have issues with Exchange and email delivery (some emails take up to 10min to be delivered...if they're delivered), WSUS is broken and none of my machines are updating their status in the console and my Citrix VDI environment with Windows 10 has the CPU maxed out and I get black screens when TRYING to logon to these VMs. None of these issues existed before I installed the September updates.

I've been running my lab for a year now and the monthly updates have gone pretty well until this month. This months updates have been an absolute disaster and I will be restoring ALL my VMs to before I installed the September updates. I've also declined all the September updates in WSUS as I just don't trust them.

Very disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.