Troubleshoot Windows 10 login issues.

EndySus

Thread author
Sep 4, 2017
Windows 10 let's me go to password menu and type my password, however when I press enter it just high lights my password or puts my typing line at the beginning of my password. I can't login because of this. I tried holding shift and restarting but my Power Option button on the login menu is completely blank and is a black bar. Then after 5 minutes my computer restarts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 366
Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Windows 10 let's me go to password menu and type my password, however when I press enter it just high lights my password or puts my typing line at the beginning of my password. I can't login because of this. I tried holding shift and restarting but my Power Option button on the login menu is completely blank and is a black bar. Then after 5 minutes my computer restarts.
Hi, I noticed that you are using Webroot. I don't know for sure that it is causing your problem, but Webroot has been known in the past to do some wierd things to the system. Try using a windows rescue disk to boot into safe mode, and uninstall Webroot, and see if that solves your problem. If you can't uninstall it, at least delete the main executable file/s.
You can also do other diagnostic things once you are in safe mode, such as run a malware scan.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.