Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This didn't work out as I hoped...(n)
a. Nearly all Windows 10 apps crashed on launch. DISM and SFC checked out fine.
b. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 programs crashed on launch (full online repair seemed to have fixed this).
c. No mouse icon on boot screens (screen to choose Windows 10/Macrium Reflect/...).
d. Duplicate user folders (Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc., etc.)... a known issue
e. Edge welcome screen showing 3 "Try it" features... only 1 of the 3 opened the Settings window.

I rolled back (thank you Macrium).
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. Now I can wait it out.
@shmu26
I was plagued by drive related errors when upgrading from 7 to 10. The problem was solved by disconnecting all ATA connections including the optical drive and leaving only the c drive connected.
Probably a good idea.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm really surprised how many are jumping at 1903.

I try to delay implementation... by at least weeks, or maybe months..
Ironic isn't it.

Most Windows 10 users will complain that something is not working, a lost feature or privacy-related issue, yet proceed to install the latest Preview or stable builds.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Ironic isn't it.

Most Windows 10 users will complain that something is not working, a lost feature or privacy-related issue, yet proceed to install the latest Preview or stable builds.

I always go in prepared to rollback/re-image. Thankfully that’s rarely necessary.

I must be an alien. :alien: I look forward to feature updates now.

I always look forward to feature updates as well. Makes things feel fresh and exciting!

L

Local Host

I always go in prepared to rollback/re-image. Thankfully that’s rarely necessary.

I always look forward to feature updates as well. Makes things feel fresh and exciting!
Since Windows 10 was released, I only had issues with feature updates once and was last year, 1809 build. The majorly of the problems are related to third-parties (both in software and userside).

Waiting for the Update to show up for your device is also smart, instead of forcing the update, cause as I said before Microsoft won't update your device if it finds compatibility issues.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
The update seems to have messed with my printer and I had to re-install the driver manually. A-OK now. Also, I like the new granular control of display lighting via the taskbar. Why didn't they have this ages ago?

This pc used Tinywall, but 1903 seems to work incorrectly.

I think TinyWall is starting to show more bugs with 1809+. It is abandonware after all. My guess it is still compatible with Windows Firewall but not with some new additions to the Windows OS itself. I tried using it again recently but uninstalled it because of a couple of issues I couldn't pinpoint.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The update seems to have messed with my printer and I had to re-install the driver manually. A-OK now. Also, I like the new granular control of display lighting via the taskbar. Why didn't they have this ages ago?

I think TinyWall is starting to show more bugs with 1809+. It is abandonware after all. My guess it is still compatible with Windows Firewall but not with some new additions to the Windows OS itself. I tried using it again recently but uninstalled it because of a couple of issues I couldn't pinpoint.

Mine auto re-installed printer drivers when I installed. I read something about the update and printer drivers.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The best thing I have noticed since upgrading to 1903 is that when I get an elevation prompt in SUA it actually always gives me the option to use my administrator pin now. Before it was about 50/50 whether I'd have to enter my very LONG password each time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.