Battle Windows 10 or Chrome OS?

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello I wanted to know your opinion, I am currently using Windows 10 but I am excited about the Google operating system. Well thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
For now my choice would be windows 10 simply because Chrome OS isn't fully matured yet. If you're the type of person who just does web browsing, email, little bit word,excel, powerpoint then Chrome OS would be sufficient for you, but if you're a gamer or who needs to use complex programs then Chrome OS won't cut it for you yet.
But I really want Chrome OS to succeed and grab a huge chunk of market share so that windows monopoly comes to an end. Chrome OS's successs would mean more affordable computers for everyone. Given Google's performance with Android in the mobile market, I have really high hopes for it.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
If u want to be a computer geek who doesnt believe in security and rather uses Brain...Use any OS except Windows....!..Stay with W10 and change to Chrome OS (Any OS other than windows) u like if u think it is fully matured...!

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
If u want to be a computer geek who doesnt believe in security and rather uses Brain...Use any OS except Windows....!
Linux distributions have implemented measures to protect the user. They are there even if you don't notice them. A simple package manager can also be a security measure. Ergo also linux users believe in security.

Back to the point. Chrome OS is a great alternative to Windows. But you can't get away from data collection using a OS by Google.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.