Advice Request Windows 10 or Windows 7/8/8.1 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Its been almost a month since Microsoft rolled out the new OS to the world.
How many have decided to stay with Windows 10?
Who is rolling back to their previous OS? If downgrading, what is your reason?
Share your opinion over your experience in the new Windows..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Unfortunately I faced a series amount of bugs in Windows 10 like ,
the system restore couldn't restore it always failed to restored and
login screen bug couldn't log in after entering password Windows freezes ,
Bsods etc I cant write all of them here coz list is huge
Do you have an ASUS :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well my Desktop I built myself and I have updated a Lenovo,2 HP's and a Sony without one problem.I guess a few manufacturers didn't get the news that Windows 10 was due out in the summer of 2015 :D

D

Deleted member 178

Note : Windows 10 being faster is not guaranteed for everyone.

Could you answer these, @Umbra?
  • How is Windows Firewall stronger?
  • Did you ever notice any repetitive BSoD? If so, which ones
WIn8 Firewall is stronger than Win7 firewall mostly due of the open ports against portscanners like Nmap.

i can't remember the cause, it was on Win7, i barely had a week without 2-3 impromptus BSODs...

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Win10 = Win7 ease of access + Win8 improved features

- i boot on Win10 in less than 30sec.
- i don't have any ridiculous BSODs like i had in Win7,
- i don't have to spend 2 hours on disabling useless services like i have to do in Win7
- i have UEFI
- the Kernel is stronger
- Windows Firewall is stronger
- Windows Defender is stronger
- i have Smartscreen
- i have Edge
- my system is faster

i can tell more... so why should i go back ...?

-I boot on Win 7 in less than 30Secs too to be exact 20 sec with an old SSD on SATA 2:cool:

-People who uses professional softwares and plugins will find Windows 7 having better software compatibility, generally more stable and less buggy compared to windows 8x. and with Window 10 at the moment is too buggy and incompatibility to such users. For a gamer only user the only thing he knows is gaming, if it works for him then he is okay with the OS and none of the other aspects of the OS bothers him.

-I uses 3rd party firewalls like Comodo for example and windows 10 firewall stronger or not is not an issue. Same applicable to Anti virus as well never depends on Windows Defender for malware protection.:p

-Yes Smartscreen filter is a missing feature in OSes older than Windows 8.1.

-Edge is a big deal ?? An all time Chrome user.

-Older OSes dont have Key-logging or other Spy features present in the Windows 10.

-With Windows 10 forced updates people already facing issues having installed faulty drivers.

The advantage of Windows 10 so far:

-Looks beautiful and appealing

-Overall more responsive

-DirectX 12 support

Reactions: arslan ejaz
D

Deleted member 178

Windows 7 = no patchguard, no UEFI; those 2 only is enough to move way from it (security wise).

Now software compatibility is another thing, but this kind of issue is supposed to be resolved by the software developer.

Last edited by a moderator:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have Win 10 on 2 PCs, both are working smoothly. Both my PCs are quite old, with 2 GBs of RAM. One is Dual Core 3 GHz and other one is Dual Core 1.8 GHz. Win 7 drivers worked perfectly on both the machines. Boot time has decreased. So, its Win 10 now and no point of going back.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No more revert option for me, as Windows 10 is simply a reliable OS without sacrificing any hardware requirements.

I've experience few of issues before and now but these are minimal and sometimes it fix in such isolated by downloading the drivers and observe for possible complications.

I admit that Microsoft Edge part should improve more and reduce crash issues but the reliability is already shown, needs to improve more continuously.

The boot time likely improve more in my observation which is an A+ for that rate.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
All this "buggy" talk is dependent on your individual system, I have installed Win 10 on 3 different pc's, my i7 Acer Predator desktop, i5 Asus Laptop and an old Gateway Athlon dual core 1.7Ghz laptop and all run smoothly with very few issues at all, not going back.

Reactions: arslan ejaz

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I have two computers on Win 10 now, they will be staying. One computer is still on Win 8.1 and I will stay with that for the next couple of months - just in case .............. ;)

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

vishwa

Level 1
Verified
Aug 18, 2015
I get back to my windows 7 just after few days of upgrading to windows 10. The new os from Microsoft still have some bugs which need to be fix eventually. However I think Windows 10 not be able to create any magic for Microsoft till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.