Windows 10 Poll

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
I have several Windows 7 image backups that I use currently.
I will make the upgrade to Windows 10 and when it will be stable and reliable I'll make a backup image.
Then I will decide what to use although I would hate to leave the good old 7.;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Since I have a few machines dual booted with Windows 7 & 8.1 and a Laptop with wind 8.1 I am still up in the air on which OS to update.I am thinking I will update Windows 8 installations but once Windows 10 is released & Stable I will make a decision on upgrading 8 or 7.
Windows 7 is my new XP :D and the OS I use most of the time.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Since I have a few machines dual booted with Windows 7 & 8.1 and a Laptop with wind 8.1 I am still up in the air on which OS to update.I am thinking I will update Windows 8 installations but once Windows 10 is released & Stable I will make a decision on upgrading 8 or 7.
Windows 7 is my new XP :D and the OS I use most of the time.
How very true, Windows 7 'is' the new:eek: XP, lol!:D What a terrific idea to dual boot 7 with 8.1!!:)
...and why didn't 'I' think of this?o_O

..because this is exemplifies put the 'Super' before @exterminator20's 'Moderator'!:p

Last edited:

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Haven't decided, but I am feeling more inclined not to. These new Windows OSes present greater privacy issues for users than their predecessors. Win 7 does everything I need/want, as does the XP rig I still use, without the privacy toxicity of their successors.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
If I were to give a percentage, I'd say I'm at about 85% yes. We have a year to take advantage of the freebie, so that is plenty of time for people to start finding problems and giving thorough input. I'm kind of done paying 100 dollars or more each time MS decides to push another release out, so if I don't go to 10, once I'm tired of 7 I may just finally stick with Linux. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.