Guide | How To Windows 10 privacy and security and telemetry tweaks collection from various sources.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Since there was a bit of interest in how I setup a fresh Windows 10 install I have made a collection of the best Windows 10 privacy/security/telemetry/tweaks I have found so far on the internet. These guides, scripts and software are just some of tools I use to make sure Windows 10 is trimmed down and secure.

I have trimmed down the collection into separate downloads and no file is bigger than 22MB. Those who complained about the size of the last package should now be happy. This time I am using Zippyshare since it's easier to navigate and you can download without restrictions.

Before you start make sure you have a backup image and create restore points before every tweak. Do not blame me if you corrupt your system or break something in Windows 10. Be safe and backup and create restore points. Choose what tweaks you use wisely, you do not have to install every tweak just use the ones that are useful to your Windows 10 machine.

All credit to the collection go to the authors. I have just collected the tweaks and uploaded them.

When I setup a fresh Windows 10 install I use the following from first to last.

PM for the collection.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Honestly if there is a risk to do this why do it at all? I have heard some users complain about system instability. Seems like giving up a little "privacy" to MS for helping diagnose your problems is a good trade to me, can probably be used to help others as well. I have had very few problems with 10 but when I do those reports are sent to MS and the problem never appears again. :)

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Seems like giving up a little "privacy" to MS for helping diagnose your problems is a good trade to me

First, it's up to the specific user to decide. Second, I don't give away money for free, why would I give away data. In this game data = money.
I'm also quite sure there'd be few complaints if M$ offered to report problem details only. Yet they just grab whatever they want and that's way above and beyond simple error messages.

Most importantly, cutting M$ off of your most personal data does not add instability. If at all, it turns you into a user instead of a product, but that's it.

I have had very few problems with 10 but when I do those reports are sent to MS and the problem never appears again. :)

Please tell me you honestly believe your problem was solved instantly because you sent off a report. :p Maybe us Surface Pro 3 owners should have done that as well, when our screens flickered and our tablets turned into campfires when sleeping. Oh wait, we did… :eek:

:D

Reactions: cryogent

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Removed the links. I don't want casual users to mess up their system. I'm also going to cut down the collection to bare basics.

If you want a copy of the collection and you are a experienced user then just PM me and I'll send the links.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
First, it's up to the specific user to decide. Second, I don't give away money for free, why would I give away data. In this game data = money.
I'm also quite sure there'd be few complaints if M$ offered to report problem details only. Yet they just grab whatever they want and that's way above and beyond simple error messages.

Most importantly, cutting M$ off of your most personal data does not add instability. If at all, it turns you into a user instead of a product, but that's it.

Please tell me you honestly believe your problem was solved instantly because you sent off a report. :p Maybe us Surface Pro 3 owners should have done that as well, when our screens flickered and our tablets turned into campfires when sleeping. Oh wait, we did… :eek:

:D

How does data = money? Sure it is completely up to you to do it but I recommend you don't. What else do they collect? I am fine with people disabling other telemetry stuff but its not really MS's fault if you start having problems. What personal data? You don't have to type in personal data such as email, phone, ect. How does it turn you into a product? Seems like everyone just hops on the MS hating bandwagon these days. Hate them "intruding" use Linxux or a Mac or even find your old product key to an older Windows version. You don't NEED certain features. (I don't even have a phone and it doesn't stop me from doing my day to day activities.) Yes I do believe that giving the logs CAN really help as nobody else does. I respect you for you're opinion even though I disagree. Hopefully, you can be respectful while disagreeing as well. :p

Final note I can never take a person seriously if they use "M$". People seem to forget about the expense of business, the workers, the equipment, and ransomeware if unlucky. Can cripple many large businesses. Be happy with what you have..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.