Windows 10, provides the official ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
Windows 10 has officially arrived, and Microsoft has begun to distribute the much-awaited update that will allow anyone with a Windows PC, Windows 7 and Windows 8, 8.1 to go for free to a new era by putting his hands on an innovative product can enhance the experience at 360 degrees on the PC and on the web. Updating, as noted, will be released through Windows Update, however, for all those who later had the need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on their PC , Microsoft released the official ISO images of the new operating system.

To underline some aspects. To use the official ISO images of Windows 10 you must have a valid Product Key. Therefore, before you can use the ISO for a clean installation, users must upgrade their PCs so that their original Product key (Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) can be recognized by Microsoft as a valid Product Key for Windows 10. Upgraded, quote from that moment you can restore your PC using the official ISO and license already in your possession.

Microsoft points out that the ISO can be used to create either a DVD or a USB stick to start installing Windows 10. It should be noted that there is a free space of at least 4 GB on the media chosen.

The ISO image, finally, goes to install the retail build of Windows 10. All subsequent updates will be made through Windows Update and the Windows Store.

Source translated

http://www.webnews.it/2015/07/29/windows-10-iso-ufficiali/

ISO download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
The ISO download website mention use "Media Creation Tool".

So this media creation tool will download ISO file or if the system was already upgraded then it will create ISO file from the available files on the system?

Reactions: nissimezra

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Just like I did it 8 days ago...
  • Downloaded Windows 10 RTM
  • Mounted on my Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Upgraded with settings and apps preserved
  • Extracted the key from Windows 10 Pro
  • Used the key for original ISO, and clean install :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : Yes same like before the implementation of WIndows 8 Media Creation Tool, you need a valid license that matches from the condition which it will download the ISO for you. ;)

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10. I am now creating a bootable USB media for a clean install. Will I require a key for that? How do I extract one from Win 10? The Key Finder tool stated above has adware built into it.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Upgraded using the ISO and now It says "connect to the internet to activate" :(

Maybe it's time to go back to 8.1 and try the windows update upgrade.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Upgraded using the ISO and now It says "connect to the internet to activate" :(

Maybe it's time to go back to 8.1 and try the windows update upgrade.

it is not "maybe" but you have to do it first

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Do i need to read it out from registry or BIOS with Windows Keyfinder?

It gives me 2 different Keys.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
The question is which one will work if want to do a clean install from scratch?

Ive upgraded from 8.1 to an Insider Build and then every Build until this final one.

I can test both out.

@Klipsh Why the one from BIOS?

Reactions: nissimezra
L

LabZero

Thread author
The question is which one will work if want to do a clean install from scratch?

Ive upgraded from 8.1 to an Insider Build and then every Build until this final one.

I can test both out.

@Klipsh Why the one from BIOS?
Windows 8.1/10 have the Product Key stored in BIOS/UEFI.To find your Windows Product Key you can use also a program like OEM Product Key Tool or Nirsoft Produkey, both capable of reading the code even if stored in the computer's BIOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.