Mr. Tech

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Stuck at boot screen
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
System File Checker - sfc /scannow
I've found a way to get around it:
Restart the PC, does the same thing...
Restart it again but with automatic repair (F8) and it come's to say "Window's didn't shut-down correctly"
Then it has a button and say's to "Restart"
I click it and it works perfectly fine.

L

LabZero

Thread author
When Windows not start or turn off normally, the causes of the problem are usually due to system upgrades that are incompatible with one or more programs are installed, the installation of applications that are not compatible with the system in use, loading a defective or incompatible driver, malfunction of one or more services.

In particular, if your computer does not shut down or reboot normally, the problem may be related to newly installed updates or system services (also installed by third-party applications) and running processes that are not responding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0
I

illumination

Thread author
You ran a system file check, what was the outcome? Have you thought about running a Chkdsk on the HHD?

Reactions: Ink
Upvote 0
M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
Okay well I have fixed this by resetting the operating system. I am pretty sure it was caused by an update but I am uncertain of it and I am now taking a different approach with my setup on my PC also in-which I will post here soon.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Hey Mr.Tech. I have an Windows 10. When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows. He must reboots twice and then get's through.
So i am getting Automatic Repair on next restart initiated from within Windows.
Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine.

Is this related to malware problem or hardware? Thx

Mr.Tech did you have the same issue?

My pc:
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI
2x8GB DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz
Corsair 750 RM
Asus Strix 980 Ti Oc
SSD Samsung Evo 250 GB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
fast startup no affects restarts what i talk about it

"So i am getting Automatic Repair on next restart initiated from within Windows."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.