Win 10 Store

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So Win 10 store is like store on mobile phones?
I need to logged into any Microsoft account to download/install apps from the store?
I need to logged into Microsoft account to use any installed apps from the store?

Does installed apps from the store feature in add/remove programs?

Does installed apps from the store behave like general installed programs? Like If I install VLC from store...double clicking the videos on the system will open with VLC & rightclick on the videos will give the option to play with VLC?

Can installed apps from store be set as default to open files, etc...?

I guess store apps will be limited in functions compared to desktop programs, right? Desktop programs will be better in features/functionality/stability, etc... compared to store apps, right?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Yes.
I would think so...hard to keep track of your purchases otherwise.
"

Mostly and it is separate from Add/Remove Programs (I hate that...schizophrenic OS it is)

Not quite. VLC from store doesn't work; get the normal binary install.

Yes.

They are smaller, yes. Office is on it though (scaled down version but still robust enough).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So free/paid apps from store download/install/use require logging into Microsoft account, right?

Store apps limited in functionality, online account requirement, etc... I think desktop programs is the way to go. Guess no need to create Microsoft account.

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've not used the Windows 10 Store yet, but Microsoft did introduce Universal apps.

A Microsoft Account is required to Install apps, but not to browse or uninstall pre-installed apps.

Again I have not used Windows 10, but as a Windows 8.1 user, Store apps can be uninstalled from the Start Screen. Right click and choose Uninstall.

Some third-party uninstall programs support Store app removal.

Yes, Store apps can be set as Default apps. For example, Microsoft Reader for PDF files.

Yes, desktop installed applications offer more than Store apps. Sometimes the other way around depending on purpose of app.

So Win 10 store is like store on mobile phones?
I need to logged into any Microsoft account to download/install apps from the store?
I need to logged into Microsoft account to use any installed apps from the store?

Does installed apps from the store feature in add/remove programs?

Does installed apps from the store behave like general installed programs? Like If I install VLC from store...double clicking the videos on the system will open with VLC & rightclick on the videos will give the option to play with VLC?

Can installed apps from store be set as default to open files, etc...?

I guess store apps will be limited in functions compared to desktop programs, right? Desktop programs will be better in features/functionality/stability, etc... compared to store apps, right?

Yes. A Microsoft Account is required, as your account will include the payment options and be linked to your account. Paid apps can be used up to 10 more devices.

So free/paid apps from store download/install/use require logging into Microsoft account, right?

Store apps limited in functionality, online account requirement, etc... I think desktop programs is the way to go. Guess no need to create Microsoft account.

Creating a Microsoft Account is optional for Windows, but does offer enhanced features to more Microsoft services, and backup options if your PC were to stop working.

OneDrive is used to store these backup files and settings.
Bing.com stores Cortana's information.

** I have not used Windows 10. Feel free to correct any incorrect information, some judgements are based from using Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows Phone 8 and 8.1. **

Reactions: jamescv7

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo

They are primarily different between 'Desktop Apps' and 'Metro Apps'.

One of them design for tablet surface for ease to use. ;)

1) and 2) Yes a Microsoft Account is highly needed to download and install Windows 10 store applications, local account will marked it as X or greyed out.

3) No, add and remove programs are just for desktop meanwhile in Windows Store you can check the installed programs.

4) The little difference here is metro apps are usually executed in special Full screen interface therefore when clicking in VLC it should show on that case.

5) Yes, you can assign programs that will run by default.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You can sign-in with 1 MS account only or can sign-out & sign-in with other MS accounts?

Can you play the games installed from the store with the keyboard or system requires touch screen?

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.