Troubleshoot Windows 10 Strange Behavior

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Its been app 15-16 months since 1st stable Win 10 released. In this time period, I have faced a strange Win 10 behavior 3 times.

I dont know what triggers the behavior? No Windows Updates were there.

The strange behavior happened 3 times.
2 times - When I restarted the system, I got "Windows is getting ready, Dont turn off your system". The process took app 30-40 mins. After restart, Win 10 was back to default i.e all my data, programs were intact BUT Win 10 layout i.e every options/settings/Win 10 look was back to default i.e like you have just installed Win 10.

3rd time was today - I restarted the system & got "Windows is getting ready, Dont turn off your system". The process took app 30-40 mins. BUT this time, after restart, the system was like it was before the process i.e I dont notice any changes.

Any info on this?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have both KIS 2017 & Adguard installed and have never experienced these issues therefore I highly doubt it is one of these programs.
If you have Rollback RX installed this might very well be the problem.
There have been issues in the past with Rollback RX and Windows Updates.
I have mentioned in my previous posts, currently running AX64 V2.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think the culrpit goes on the programs you've installed.

Virtualize the whole system without proper configuration may lead to revert some changes and data loss.

I think you need to remove Rollback RX and instead test some programs with Sandboxie.

Upvote 0

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014

"I would also suggest you to check the event viewer.

Event Viewer is an advanced tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. It can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs.

To get to event viewer in Windows 8:

a. Go to the Start Screen. Type in Event Viewer.

b. This will bring up the Event Viewer box. Click to open the event viewer.

c. In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs.

d. Click on Application log. Highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down. Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see a red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document."

PS : It works also on Windows 10.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.