YuanJiawj

Level 9
List of current issues
no windows sound system
Steps taken, but have been unsuccessful?
Reinstallled driver, restoring point
Hello everyone!

Several days ago the Windows 10 system sounds doesn't work properly, I have re-installed driver sound from the official website (Dell Optiplex 7010), and restored and it still does not work. somebody could help me?

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 02.png
    02.png
    66 KB · Views: 73
  • 03.PNG
    03.PNG
    82.4 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Correlate

plat1098

Level 21
Verified
Maybe try to run the Sound troubleshooter. Open your Control Panel. In the section Hardware and Sound: click the Troubleshoot audio playback. Did you check the jack itself? Is the speaker completely plugged in?

Upvote 0

YuanJiawj

Level 9
Ok, Win + R type "dxdiag" enter it then go to Sound tab and see Notes
I have installed the driver from the official website, Windows has installed the drive and it always appears as:

Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

YuanJiawj

Level 9
Maybe try to run the Sound troubleshooter. Open your Control Panel. In the section Hardware and Sound: click the Troubleshoot audio playback. Did you check the jack itself? Is the speaker completely plugged in?
I have attached a video clip, the only strange thing is that Windows 10 system sounds don't work. Everything else is fine.

Upvote 0

rockstarrocks

Level 21
Verified
I have installed the driver from the official website, Windows has installed the drive and it always appears as:

Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Wow that's a really old driver. Maybe try updating to a newer one.
Although it's doesn't seem like a driver issue to me.
how does it look in this tab on your system?
Annotation 2020-06-20 022213.jpg

Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 32
Verified
when did the system sounds works? yesterday? what did you do? it seems like its hardware issues i'm not sure

i've downloaded the driver from the official site Dell, uninstalling and installing from Windows Update and got the same problem

Try downgrade to one of the old version?

Upvote 0

Tutman

Level 7
You can try Iobit's Drive Booster, if there is a driver issue it will find the update.... BUT watch out because it will sneak and install itself to run at startup! I have a love/hate relationship with the program because of that! It works very well and all drivers are Microsoft WHQL tested and you CAN roll back the changes, it does save them. But I would like I said watch your startups and/or uninstall when done!

Upvote 0