Windows 10 Taking too much RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshkj

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
I have 4 GB of ram on my laptop which is sufficient for win10 but today when i started my laptop it was very slow and when i checked task manager system was taking too much ram. Plz help
Untitled123.jpg

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
As we go for newer OS, it will require more RAM.

D

Deleted member 178

mine takes only ~130mb; so u may have something that consume more RAM.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I see you're using Virtual Desktops, maybe that's the reason there is more RAM used than usual. If you close your virtual desktop does the RAM problem still persist?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Try to change the colors and choose static style in personalization settings.

or follow the other options stated in this link:

wind8apps.com/ram-usage-increase-windows-8-1-windows-10/

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
Also, I think Win10 isn't 100% optimized yet. Perhaps we need to wait for a few days? I think it might improve. But in general, when you need more RAM... I uninstall RAM hogging apps.

Besides, it doesn't bother me THAT much. Because I work with VM's and such... I have a good amount of RAM. 16GB to be exact.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
i had the same issue with an old build, that why i quit insider program because system process was taking too much ram, what i did is to use a program called maxmem to dump the memory to the systempage file, in that way you can have more free ram, but since i have to use the program every 10 minutes (to get free time) i decided to move on... am not sure if it would work on a x64 system, most likely no...

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
RAM is meant to be used
what you can do with a pc that has no program open and is eating 76% of its ram...? if you open mozila or chrome surely you would easily reach your whole ram capacity... not all people is able to afford 4 or 8gb of ram

Reactions: nissimezra

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
Well, after using CCleaner to clean up my registry...
Disk Cleanup (built in tool) to clean up my disk
Some manual cleaning..
And Revo Uninstaller to uninstall some Win7 apps I used but aren't needed in Win10

I can say it improved at my end.

D

Deleted member 178

what you can do with a pc that has no program open and is eating 76% of its ram...? if you open mozila or chrome surely you would easily reach your whole ram capacity... not all people is able to afford 4 or 8gb of ram

your hardware should follow the OS "true" requirements (at least twice of what the OS is supposed to run) ; if not don't upgrade.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
your hardware should follow the OS "true" requirements (at least twice of what the OS is supposed to run) ; if not don't upgrade.
sure i do have a 2gb pc, most of pc here a rarely running more than 4gb since we live in a country where upgrade hardware means money that majority of us cant afford. Back to the topic i had the same trouble, every time i turned on the pc ram was about 76% high, imagine, i use netbeans to code and mozila to surf do you think that i can use a pc which is using 76% of it capacity without running any app? normally windows 8 or windows 10 will eat 500-700 mb of ram when iddle no 1.7gb. This is a bug and need to be fixed...

Captura de pantalla (65).png
PST: this is ram usage when doing usual task for me... see the point?

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
I have the same problem And i found the culprit to be the Emsisoft AM so I uninstalled it and system.exe ram usage went normal average 0.5MB-1MB average
Previously it was 200-300MB and i was very worried that why it was taking up so much ram.
I am very unhappy that i uninstalled Emsisoft AM coz i love it but some sacrifice has to be made :(

D

Deleted member 178

you can keep EAM , but just tweak some of its options for low memory machines.

for example:

1- set File Guard as fast
2- be sure that memory optimization is checked.
3- disable context menu entries

etc..

rupeshkj

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
Thanks Everyone I finally got what's wrong its chrome when even I open chrome the system take 238 MB Even after I close it sit there making Laptop slow. If I don't open chrome and normally run my laptop system only take about 17 MB.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
You can continue to use Chrome but use the extension The Great Suspender which suspends your tabs when it has been in the background for sometime, and you can reload the tab when you want to view it again.

Also any reason in particular you don't like FF or Opera?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

rupeshkj

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
You can continue to use Chrome but use the extension The Great Suspender which suspends your tabs when it has been in the background for sometime, and you can reload the tab when you want to view it again.

Also any reason in particular you don't like FF or Opera?

Just personal preference

Also cant even run chrome cuz when is start system process takes ram not the chrome process

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.