Troubleshoot Windows 10 update error 0x800f0990

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys, I got this windows update error tried sfc, dism, and troubleshooters nothings seem to work...
1627002245508.png

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Have you tried restarting your PC?
Go in to service turn off windows update then proceed to folder windows in there scroll down to SoftwareDistribution look for a folder in there name download delete everything in that folder, go back in service restart windows update and you should be good to go.
Restarted serval times, and tried these fixes but not working.

Upvote 0

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Or try CHKDSK is a Windows utility that can check the integrity of your hard disk and can fix various file system errors.
To run it from Command Prompt, here are the instructions:

Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu
Select Search
Type-in cmd
Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results list
Click Run as administrator
When Command Prompt launches, type the command: chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are: /f option will attempt to fix any found errors /r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information /x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Or try CHKDSK is a Windows utility that can check the integrity of your hard disk and can fix various file system errors.
To run it from Command Prompt, here are the instructions:

Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu
Select Search
Type-in cmd
Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results list
Click Run as administrator
When Command Prompt launches, type the command: chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are: /f option will attempt to fix any found errors /r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information /x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.
tried that , but sadly still not working

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Just fallow the tutorial in this page, create the txt file and substitute the reg file mentioned "Win10UpdateFix.reg". It's the only solution that work for me after a Trojan dissemble my Windows update and have the exact same error that you have:

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Just fallow the tutorial in this page, create the txt file and substitute the reg file mentioned "Win10UpdateFix.reg". It's the only solution that work for me after a Trojan dissemble my Windows update and have the exact same error that you have:

um site not working?
1627085656651.png

Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
You shouldn’t trust an infected/ compromised system.

An infected system is not a lost system, you certainly don't need to format a system or reinstall a SO to get rid of a malware that is a solution that I never recommend and that is offered in any vulgar forum, I always hate that solution for everything, uninstall and reinstall....

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
An infected system is not a lost system, you certainly don't need to format a system or reinstall a SO to get rid of a malware that is a solution that I never recommend and that is offered in any vulgar forum, I always hate that solution for everything, uninstall and reinstall....
yes, if it is still fixable why just reinstall os? It is not good for the hard drives, and your time.

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.