Advice Request Windows 11 hardware error?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, so since I have upgraded to windows 11 on my computer I kept seeing below errors:
1640704687482.png
1640704699154.png

I have no idea how does it happen, can anyone tell me what is it trying to say?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Under Bucket ID, it lists an "unknown USB function." What do you have plugged into any ports at the moment? Did you check for updates to chipset driver on the manufacturer's site? (OEM or mainboard). If there is a BIOS update also, I would read the read-me first--it may not be necessary. I didn't need it when I installed 11 but that may not apply to everyone.

Sometimes Event Viewer has more info. Under System logs, see where there are yellow triangles--meaning warnings. If you have a WHEA warning, that needs your attention soon.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Under Bucket ID, it lists an "unknown USB function." What do you have plugged into any ports at the moment? Did you check for updates to chipset driver on the manufacturer's site? (OEM or mainboard). If there is a BIOS update also, I would read the read-me first--it may not be necessary. I didn't need it when I installed 11 but that may not apply to everyone.

Sometimes Event Viewer has more info. Under System logs, see where there are yellow triangles--meaning warnings. If you have a WHEA warning, that needs your attention soon.
I have a cooling pad plugged into my computer is that the usb?

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021

1640708294320.png

All of the warning I an find, didn't see any WHEA warnings

Attachments

• 1640708155983.png
    1640708155983.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 1640708177953.png
    1640708177953.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 1640708193275.png
    1640708193275.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 120

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Does your machine shut down suddenly? What do the Event id/s 37 (Kernel Processor Power) and 219 (Kernel-PnP) say? Click on one of them in EV and open the log to read it. Again, you may want to check for an update for your chipset. This can be found on the website for your machine's maker. I assume this is a laptop?

It's impossible for a stranger without access to guess whether it's your cooling pad or not. But to be safe, maybe unplug it for a little bit while you're trouble-shooting. You should monitor the temps, using something like HWiNFO64. Laptops generally run hotter but you should check for too hot as thermal events can result in sudden shutdowns.

The DCoM warnings may usually be ignored. If you open one and it says "CSLID unknown" under Event Viewer/Details tab, you can delete the registry key and prevent future warnings from cluttering your Event Viewer. I made a little video some time on how to do this via regedit--hit "Find Next" under Edit b/c chances are there are multiple keys.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Does your machine shut down suddenly? What do the Event id/s 37 (Kernel Processor Power) and 219 (Kernel-PnP) say? Click on one of them in EV and open the log to read it. Again, you may want to check for an update for your chipset. This can be found on the website for your machine's maker. I assume this is a laptop?

It's impossible for a stranger without access to guess whether it's your cooling pad or not. But to be safe, maybe unplug it for a little bit while you're trouble-shooting. You should monitor the temps, using something like HWiNFO64. Laptops generally run hotter but you should check for too hot as thermal events can result in sudden shutdowns.

The DCoM warnings may usually be ignored. If you open one and it says "CSLID unknown" under Event Viewer/Details tab, you can delete the registry key and prevent future warnings from cluttering your Event Viewer. I made a little video some time on how to do this via regedit--hit "Find Next" under Edit b/c chances are there are multiple keys.

1640709422645.png

1640709446006.png

1640709459464.png
1640709472315.png
1640709480214.png

Yes its a laptop, with intel i5 10gen
I didn't see any DCom CSLID unknown errors
As far as I know these error all happened while its ideal, so I am not sure if it restarted or not...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.