Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft has released the Windows 11 KB5012592 cumulative update with security updates, quality improvements, and a fix that makes it easier to switch your default browser.

KB5012592 is a mandatory cumulative update as it contains the April 2022 Patch Tuesday security updates for vulnerabilities discovered in previous months.

Windows 11 users can install today's update by going to Start > Settings > Windows Update and clicking on 'Check for Updates.'

Windows 11 users can also manually download and install the KB5012592 preview update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I had issues after installing the update. I didn't try Edge, but some of my other programs wouldn't launch. Not sure if it was really because of the update, or maybe because of a system cleanup I did shortly afterward.
In the meantime, I ran a system image restore, and put updates on hold. I went to this extreme because uninstalling the update did not solve my problems -- which could be a sign that it was not the source of my problems, either.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I had issues after installing the update. I didn't try Edge, but some of my other programs wouldn't launch. Not sure if it was really because of the update, or maybe because of a system cleanup I did shortly afterward.
In the meantime, I ran a system image restore, and put updates on hold. I went to this extreme because uninstalling the update did not solve my problems -- which could be a sign that it was not the source of my problems, either.
Another issue mentioned here by @Sorrento :
For me there are no issues with these updates so far...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yup, it's the update. I restored a system image, made sure everything worked, and upgraded again. Same issues came back.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Most interestingly I ran the updates again for the third time: This time no problems MS Edge is fine, apart from disabling 3 extensions on Edge no changes were made - So the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yup, it's the update. I restored a system image, made sure everything worked, and upgraded again. Same issues came back.
I updated my Windows 11 virtual machine, which is a clone of my physical machine, and everything seems to work. So I suspectthe issue I has is something to do with hardware drivers. That's the only difference between my VM and my physical machine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.