New Update Windows 11 November 2023 Patch Tuesday (KB5032190)

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has released the KB5032190 cumulative update to fix security vulnerabilities in Windows 11. This is the first Patch Tuesday update that enables Windows 11 Moment 4 features for everyone. Windows 11's November 2023 cumulative update is available for all supported versions, including 23H2 and 22H2, with features like Copilot, ungrouping for the taskbar, and more.

Windows 11's Moment 4 features are now enabled for everyone using the November 2023 Patch Tuesday. Here's what's new when you update to Build 22621.2715 :
  • Copilot: This adds a new Bing-powered AI assistance to help you get things done. This first preview focuses on the integrated UI. To start, select the Copilot in Windows button on the taskbar (or press WIN + C). Copilot in Windows uses the same Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account.
  • Microsoft has fixed an issue.
  • Taskbar: You can now ungroup apps on the taskbar and show full labels.
  • You can email your files using Outlook directly within the Windows share window. Select the Outlook icon in the "Share using" section of the Windows share window.
  • Using the Windows 365 switch, you can now sign in to and connect your Windows 365 Cloud PC to your local desktop.
Microsoft says it's aware of three known issues, including a bug where the colour font format for COLRv1 does not render correctly. Another issue causes a 65000 error in the "Require Device Encryption" setting for some devices when using specific group policies.

The third bug causes issues with desktop icons moving between the monitors automatically when users launch Copilot. These bugs will be fixed in an upcoming update, but Microsoft won't tell us when.

As mentioned above, you can download the Windows 11 KB5032190 update in Windows Update or manually via the Microsoft Update Catalog.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I have 23H2 since more than one week 🤷‍♂️ But it's nothing special on features ;)

23H2.png

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I have compatibility issues with the audio driver "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.1.8261" after installing KB5032190. I tried different online suggestions, but none of them fixed the "distorted audio" issue. Windows 11 had installed an audio driver that produced inaudible (too low) sound, so I had replaced it with the stated driver from the optional updates. Reverting to the previous driver fixes the distorted audio issue. Is anyone else facing a similar problem with a Realtek audio driver, or has the mentioned driver on their system?

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I have compatibility issues with the audio driver "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.1.8261" after installing KB5032190. I tried different online suggestions, but none of them fixed the "distorted audio" issue. Windows 11 had installed an audio driver that produced inaudible (too low) sound, so I had replaced it with the stated driver from the optional updates. Reverting to the previous driver fixes the distorted audio issue. Is anyone else facing a similar problem with a Realtek audio driver, or has the mentioned driver on their system?
Please tell us your PC or laptop specs that would be help. I mean which motherboard or laptop name/model for this?

Also please make a new thread about your specs

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Please tell us your PC or laptop specs that would be help. I mean which motherboard or laptop name/model for this?

Also please make a new thread about your specs
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-bk193ms
Comodo Firewall with no AV
No other security, cleaning, or optimizing tools

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Nevi

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-bk193ms
Comodo Firewall with no AV
No other security, cleaning, or optimizing tools
Ok, you need to uninstall the driver, restart the system then download this Driver for Windows 10 as test. Also please backup the system OS first before do this just in case due to Blue Screen, if it doesn't work then reply it back to me here

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Ok, you need to uninstall the driver, restart the system then download this Driver for Windows 10 as test. Also please backup the system OS first before do this just in case due to Blue Screen, if it doesn't work then reply it back to me here
I attempted multiple solutions, but none resolved the issue. Examples include Windows troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, adjusting sound settings, and more. The laptop manufacturer's website provides the driver mentioned in my post #10 "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.1.8261". I tried downloading and installing from there, but it didn't fix the issue. The Intel tool didn't find a new driver. I also gave a shot at a driver update from Softpedia, which didn't help.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I attempted multiple solutions, but none resolved the issue. Examples include Windows troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, adjusting sound settings, and more. The laptop manufacturer's website provides the driver mentioned in my post #10 "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.1.8261". I tried downloading and installing from there, but it didn't fix the issue. The Intel tool didn't find a new driver. I also gave a shot at a driver update from Softpedia, which didn't help.
Ah well, Uninstall it again Try DriverEasy & PC HelpSoft Driver Updates if it's same problem again i would say a clean install. and have you tried uninstall the KB5032190? that might be work i guess.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
You can use the non distorting "low audio output" driver with an aiso software called vb banana to boost the volume. It also support graphical Equalizer too.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft quietly fixed Windows 11 Settings Group Policy after it broke it and told no one
Although it was not mentioned as part of known issues, it looks like Microsoft has managed to fix the issue with the latest Patch Tuesday (KB5032190), according to user reports online. However, since it was not documented as a known issue, it hasn't been marked as a resolved issue either.
Source: Microsoft quietly fixed Windows 11 Settings Group Policy after it broke it and told no one - Neowin

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

My next step is to use a driver updater and Hasleo restore since I've tried all the fixes I know or found online.
I tried Driver Easy and Driver Talent. The Realtek audio driver update DT found didn't fix the issue. I tested both the latest Realtek audio driver from Intel and an older driver from the manufacturer's website, but neither solved the problem. Starting a new backup set after successfully installing Windows updates means that system restoration is not an option. There is no important data on this system, so I maintain just one backup set with no additional backups. If I can troubleshoot it or a Windows update resolves the issue, I'll update here.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.