Troubleshoot Windows 7 blue screen crash.

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys.
I’ve not been on here for a while but I’m now having a problem with my Windows 7 programme that keeps crashing. It happened after I was trying to speed up the starting process of the programme. I went into msconfig and changed the startup from one cpu to all 4 ( I think) and then clicked use all available memory. After restarting I now only get blue screen start ups and then onto system repair which has not affect st all. I’m just going round in circles. I could use Lenovo One key recovery but I think I will lose all my data and settings.
As you can probably guess I’m not very computer literate so can anyone help please.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Dave Russo

angustaver

Level 4
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
You can also try this
1 open system symbol
2 write C:
3 - enter key
(So you'll be located in C :)
write this down
bcdedit/deletevalue {default} numproc
enter and then
bcdedit/deletevalue {default} truncatememory
enter
if it does not work with C:
change the letter and try again

Reactions: Behold Eck
Upvote 0

angustaver

Level 4
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I have corrected my comments
google translator changed spaces between words
Retry
and if not, look for the commands in google and write them respecting the spaces if there are

Upvote 0

schnitzer

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2017
Hi there
After trying most of the above without much success I decided to restore my laptop to factory settings and start again. Thanks for your help on here again and I’ll see what happens now.
Thanks Mark.

Reactions: roger_m
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.