Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The system is loaded and after a long time and then the screen "Starting Windows" is restarted
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I used the Startup Repair option that comes in the installation disk
I have also tried to enter Safe Mode
In the command prompt I put the following commands:
bootrec / fixmbr
bootrec / fixboot
how are you
this time I have the following problem, as additional data is used the command:
chkdsk c: / r
and I took a day with that one scan and goes 1% :D but shows me that several data is damaged
if you have one solution and / or software that can serve me would greatly appreciate it

Reactions: nissimezra

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
chkdsk c: / r did not give me a good result
What did it report? Ignoring this isn't a good idea as it will suggest what to do next rather than guessing and going nowhere. If only the filesystem is corrupt but the HDD surface medium is fine, then reformat (with verify) and reinstall. If there are unrecoverable clusters, you'll need to run a low-level diagnostic (OEM) to reallocate those sectors before using the drive again (if possible), lest you have the same exact problem recur.

Third-party tools will likely not handle this properly or completely; HDD Regenerator does not; cf. their site:
Since the program does not change the logical structure of a hard drive, the file system may still show some sectors marked earlier as "bad", and other disk utilities such as Microsoft's chkdsk will detect logical bad sectors even though the disk has been successfully regenerated and is no longer damaged by physical bad sectors. If you want to remove these marks, repartition the hard disk drive.
I cannot trust a developer who tells you repartition rather than run CHKDSK /B, which is precisely what /B was designed for.

Dell didn't make the HDD; CMOS setup should tell you the make and model. PartEd will also do so and will let you run the on-board HDD diagnostics; it's free and I'd recommend getting it on the Ultimate Boot CD (free), which provides a plethora of tools (like memtest86+).

If it is under warranty, Dell will likely tell you to run the OEM diags and report what it reports (if they don't just tell you to reinstall Windows on top of itself first).

Upvote 0

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
What did it report? Ignoring this isn't a good idea as it will suggest what to do next rather than guessing and going nowhere. If only the filesystem is corrupt but the HDD surface medium is fine, then reformat (with verify) and reinstall. If there are unrecoverable clusters, you'll need to run a low-level diagnostic (OEM) to reallocate those sectors before using the drive again (if possible), lest you have the same exact problem recur.
In fact, FIRST done run the repair option start (I have in Windows 7 DVD) detects errors on the hard drive and want to understand that the same windows are running the command chkdsk c: / r automatically and I have not executed the option of HDD Regeneraton

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I thank all the members who helped me and the community.
My problem was solved by running the HDD Regenerator tool I've even turned CHKDSK run the command C: / R and that the term was noticeably less time scanning now starts normally Window
Much appreciate the support of the community at large :)

Upvote 0

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I thank all the members who helped me and the community.
My problem was solved by running the HDD Regenerator tool I've even turned CHKDSK run the command C: / R and that the term was noticeably less time scanning now starts normally Window
Much appreciate the support of the community at large :)

You DID it. Another lesson learned added to experience. :cool:

Upvote 0

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
HDD Regenator is program to detect and isolate bad sectors. This doesn't mean they won't return again, it is just the matter of time. You should check your hard drive with specialized tool. My friend is running a blog and he have step by step instructions to do it:

http://www.blog.creativform.com/how-to-check-your-hard-disk-for-bad-sectors/

If it finds bad sectors, then you should start thinking to replace your hard drive.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.