Solved Windows 7 doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyvinny

Thread author
Apr 12, 2013
Long to short story,here's what i did to my system.
Recently I decided to remove ubuntu (dual boot) from my system.Somehow i messed with grub and bcd,and now even windows 7 disk doesn't finds any windows installation in my system(i know how to fix non-booting windows by CP and repair disk).
The worst part is when i decide to install fresh copy of win7,all the partitions are not listed during installation!! I have 7 partitions but it only shows 3 partitions.
Isn't this problem weird??and anyway to FIX it?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hello,

You can try PartedMagic which includes a software called GParted that allows you to see and manage your partitions.

You can also just download GParted by itself if you wish but PartedMagic includes other handy tools.

Both are .iso files and get burned to a blank disc.

Both are completely free software.

Here is an example image of GParted which will show your partitions.

MvBDriQ.png

Once you get into this screen, How many of your 7 partitions actually show and which format are they formatted in? (ex NTFS, not formatted, etc), Try to spot anything that doesn't seem right to you.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes Grub boot is really a sensitive part of boot ups caused once corrupt everything is done already which you need to start all over again.

You may search some solution regarding on the error caused they could provide steps like using the Live USB and enter some codes or steps.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If PartedMagic doesn't show those missing partitions then they are no longer there. You will probably just have to start all over again.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

mannyvinny

Thread author
Apr 12, 2013
Hey guys.I found the root of the problem.The partition in which windows is installed is not being displayed.In fact,the whole HDD partition is not displayed.I've two HDD (160+1TB).Windows is installed in 160 GB HDD.I booted my system through live ubuntu disk and i found my 160 HDD was displayed as unallocated space!!!
I didn't formatted any of them and i didn't even deleted any of the partition.
Please help me.I don't want to loose my precious family albums and rare pics.Help me recover my partition..

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You need to download a bootable CD that can set active partition and restore partition.

This one is the one of my choice- http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

Download and burn to CD.

Set your Bios on your broken system to boot from CD.

First use the option to set your partitions to active, that might be all you need to do. If that don't work you may need to recover, copy, etc.

It comes with a help file so take your time and read it.

Enjoy!!:D

Upvote 0

mannyvinny

Thread author
Apr 12, 2013
Thanks everyone for your help and efforts.I'll try the method described by Littlebits and report you the status.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In laptop, mostly the primary partition were subdivided with recovery partition, tools for bootable and last is the Windows 7 OS.

Nothing can be conflict since its a factory manufactured.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.