Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi ,

As a firewall, I use windows default one. I am using the below settings.

Untitled.png

I am not sure how few programs those are not listed in the allowed program can connect to internet.
How can I block that?

Reactions: silversurfer

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Do you have the rule BLOCKED on both incoming and outgoing connections? Disabling it is not enough for Outgoing connections as programs will be still be able to work.

Reactions: Anupam

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Click on Advanced Settings to open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

Guide on Wilders, http://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...ith-advanced-security-guide-for-vista.239750/

Got some idea now. I am good with IP Tables in Linux but never actually checked Windows 7 firewall so closely. It has lots of options. Sadly very bad way to add rules.

Anyway to block all outgoing and when a program try outgoing connections it throws me one pop-up windows to allow/block it?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Got some idea now. I am good with IP Tables in Linux but never actually checked Windows 7 firewall so closely. It has lots of options. Sadly very bad way to add rules.

Anyway to block all outgoing and when a program try outgoing connections it throws me one pop-up windows to allow/block it?
No. It will deny all outgoing unless you supply a rule for them.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
If you what simple to use and light firewall, I recommend sphinx-soft Windows 8 Firewall Control since it doesn't use any third party kernel drivers you minimise any incompatibility with a another security software

Reactions: silversurfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.