Advice Request Windows 7 Group for Dedicated Windows 7 Users?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I am wondering if anyone else loves Windows 7 (sp1) as much as I do? If you would be interested in finding a way to start an online group about Windows 7 issues like UAC, updates, settings, fixes, and security, please let me know.

My house is burning down for me (lol) to find a way to defend the legitness of this OS, and I have decided I am going to defend this ground. Anyone with any passion for the cause who has any ideas please post them.

Thx

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I agree 100% with you about the limitations. I was worried about having the same thing happen that happened with Excelanon. I haven't looked at Google groups in a long time so I will take a look. If there is good support for storing documents and other useful downloadables like generic software or helpful scripts, that would be good.

Only thing I don't want is a forum basically. I would rather come up with something else that could include a message board o/c, but just not the forum based format. Maybe Tom's is closer to what I am thinking of but not the same setup by any means...it is a limited topic, so all the headers would be about achieving more with Windows 7 and maybe MS Office or other software.

Thx for the tip. I'll take a look. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Looked at Google Groups. I'll get back to it. There are also other ways to set up a site too. I feel like the idea is to start slow and let things grow, I guess because I have a horticulture background lol. Watch over things, and you can shape the direction the thing goes over time. Maybe this is not the fast train kind of site...more of a really juicy "ohhhh that's cool" type site.
:LOL:
I have an idea for an app maybe some of you guys might be interested in hearing about, but I wouldn't want to describe it here. Also, I mentioned it to a developer who puts in the hours here, and I would like to wait to see if it's something that could fit into his style of development. I try not to get attached to ideas, especially when I feel like I'd like to have the app. I'm not a programmer, and the programmers deserve most if not all the credit for any program they write imo.

This app I would want to see developed for W7, but it wouldn't matter to me if it were also converted to 8.1 and 10 o/c. I wonder if any of you guys see any point in this kind of adventure...even if it's mostly for knowledge sake and the fun of it...also, a killer app maybe...:LOL:

Reactions: vtqhtr413

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I wonder if any of you guys see any point in this kind of adventure...even if it's mostly for knowledge sake and the fun of it
@AtlBo, if as you say it interests you and you enjoy it than that's the point. Please keep us updated by posting back here, I'll be watching your progress with interest.(y):)

Reactions: AtlBo

128BPM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the list of security updates (win 7/64 bits) since January 2018 in chronological order?
I think there are problems with January and March.

Thanks

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Among win7 users in Japan, many cases of user profile corruption are reported after updating in the last few months.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.