Advice Request Windows 7 PCs to Stay on Sale Until October 2014

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Although Microsoft still struggles to convince everyone that Windows 8 is worth a shot, Windows 7 continues to remain the top choice for most new PC buyers in the world.

Windows-7-PCs-to-Stay-on-sale-Until-October-2014-2.jpg

Windows 7 computers, however, will stay on sale until October 2014, according to Microsoft’s very own guidelines that allow manufacturers to deploy an older OS two years after the launch of a newer version.

Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Windows 8 won’t increase its market share, but with so many users finding the new OS confusing, it’s very likely to see a slow adoption in the next couple of years.

8 in 10 buyers actually choose Windows 7 over Windows 8, a PC builder has revealed, hinting that some consumers aren’t at all satisfied with the GUI changes Microsoft has implemented into its new OS.

Source

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Yes it is right windows 7 is at top because normal user are feeling difficult to use windows 8 as they say the windows 8 user interface is very hard as compared to windows 7. even all my friends are using windows 7 except 1 or 2 may be using windows 8 as they get inbuilt in laptop

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
According to me Windows 8 will take around 1 year to become averagly used in 60-70% of computer when the windows8 was launched all my asked me to use my Windows 8 pc when they use my pc they feel it very hard to use they said that they will to use windows 8 if someone can tell them how to use it perfectly.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm not moving from Windows 7 for a long time to come. I see no point in changing when the current PC you work on, works just as good.

I

illumination

McLovin said:
I'm not moving from Windows 7 for a long time to come. I see no point in changing when the current PC you work on, works just as good.

I agree 100%, as i will not be moving from windows 7 either. I took windows 8 for a test run when the preview was out, i just did not like it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have Windows 7 and 8 dual booted and although I primarily use Windows 7 I have been slowly exploring Windows 8.Everyday I find it much easier to use.At first I missed the start menu but finding out that mousing over the bottom left corner and right clicking that pretty much anything I need is right there.Before I would have said that if I bought a new PC that I would want Windows 7 but as of late I am thinking I might prefer it with Windows 8.It is nice to know that it will still be available though

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We're open to choice, unlike other competitors. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.