Solved Windows 7 Restored back? How to recover?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
So like I just had some 150GB free space on my different HDD and decided to install Windows XP for my games, but it gave me error that cannot format HDD. I exited the setup and went back to Windows 7. But when I logged in, I got a completely new Windows?. Some software which I used to install when I formatted Windows 7 earlier are there but some are not, and my desktop files are gone :(

I have RollBack Rx but its not opening. I dont know what the heck I did? I just want my PC back :'c

Help please.

D

Deleted member 178

It seems that your system logged in into another user account, why you have some of your apps available; maybe your original user account became hidden.

You tried to installed XP on a different drive or on the same drive?

Upvote 0

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
It seems that your system logged in into another user account, why you have some of your apps available; maybe your original user account became hidden.

You tried to installed XP on a different drive or on the same drive?

Some of the apps are there, but all I want is my FILES :c

No, I installed it on a different HDD. I wanted Dual Boot.

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Go to the drive where Windows 7 is installed and then open the folder called Users, what do you find there?

Nothing, just my username Admin and nothing else. Admin is fully flushed out. :x

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I had this problem before as well. I had 2 accounts on my laptop one for my Mum and one for me (Mum did not have a computer at the time) and her account was reset everytime she logged on. It kept saying that the account that you are using is a "Temporary account. Please see your system administrator" the weird thing was that she was an admin. So I looked around the internet and found out that all I had to do was delete her user account copy all her data to my external hard drive and once I create that new login for her she did not have that problem before. So I copied all her data documents back to her profile and everything tured out okay.

I don't know if that is your problem but, what you are trying to say is the kind of problem that my mother had.

If this is not what is the problem please let me know.

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
It seems like your pc has been auto restored to an earlier point. Use some file explorer or a file recovering utility like recuva to see if you can get the delted files back. Best u can do.

Any which antivirus you use did it auto rollback or something.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

I had this weird problem once on a machine when attempting to dual boot Win 7 and Win XP.

Second time, I followed thsi guide.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.