sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The windows update repeatedly says to download and install Malicious Software Removal Tool,though I installed it for several time.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Don't know how to solve the issue.
I've a windows update problem, though my system got updated with windows malicious software removal tool (KB890830 ) many times, still the windows update ask me to install the same again and again.

I don't know how to solve this problem.
Sreenshot;
ypvStYb.png

hAXXpmg.png

7sa6OYT.png

Any help/soulution will highly be appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
sid_16.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I've a windows update problem, though my system got updated with windows malicious software removal tool (KB890830 ) many times, still the windows update ask me to install the same again and again.

I don't know how to solve this problem.
Sreenshot;
ypvStYb.png

hAXXpmg.png

7sa6OYT.png

Any help/soulution will highly be appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
sid_16.
Delete everything in:C > Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore
Not the folder
,just the contents,and try again!!:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @sid_16,

Please press Windows Key + R (this will open the Run Dialog). Type in "services.msc" without the "". A new window should appear, displaying a list of services on your system. Please scroll down (towards the bottom) and find "Windows Update" service. Right click it, if there is the option "Stop" which is not grayed out, then please click it. If the option is grayed out (disabled), then you can close the window.

As we can see in the below screenshot, the service is not running since the Stop option is disabled (grayed out and unclickable), so we can proceed to step 2 without modifying anything:

uzYau.jpg

After you have done this, follow the step @venustus mentioned above:
Delete everything in:C > Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore
Not the folder
,just the contents

After you have done this, if you did stop the Windows Update service in the first step, repeat the first step, but instead of choosing "Stop" on the Windows Update service, select "Start" to have it re-started like it was originally. If you did not stop the service at step one (e.g. if it was grayed out/disabled), then you do not need to start the service.

Make sure not to start/stop any other services, only perform the exact instructions above for the Windows Update service only.

After you have done all of this, please attempt to try again. It may help to uninstall the update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2015 (KB890830) and all the duplicate installations. Then, attempt to install it so there is only 1 installation of it and hopefully it will all be solved. If it works after completing the above stages, then no need to uninstall all of them, but the duplicates, leaving 1 installation of it (no point in having duplicate installations of the same update, right?).

Cheers. ;)

Upvote 0

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I thank you all for the quick reply.
I tried both method as suggested by Venustus & Kram7750, now the windows update is searching the new updates.

Hi, Dr Bora!
I tried the troubleshot windows update but it can't find anything wrong and asked me to search other help.
Anyway thank you all for replying me.
sid_16.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I thank you all for the quick reply.
I tried both method as suggested by Venustus & Kram7750, now the windows update is searching the new updates.

Hi, Dr Bora!
I tried the troubleshot windows update but it can't find anything wrong and asked me to search other help.
Anyway thank you all for replying me.
sid_16.
I am glad you've solved the problem :)

Upvote 0

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Sorry to disturb you all again!
I tried all the above method and was successful for a day only and now the windows update is keep asking to download and install the same update (windows malicious software removal tool for the month of June) though it automatically install KB-890830 after these methods were tried.
Thanks,
sid_16.

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.