Battle Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1 vs Windows 10

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
actually , i Installed it , and i faced some problems with some programs , so i returned to Windows 8.1
Windows 10 need more than one year to become stable and to be compatible with all programs

The way you describe it a program fault not a OS fault, and there should be no excuses for your applications to be incompatible with Windows 10 because Windows 10 is been out for more than 2 months, so that should give developers plenty of times to re-code their applications to compatible with Windows 10.

Reactions: Rishi

Atatrah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2014
The way you describe it a program fault not a OS fault, and there should be no excuses for your applications to be incompatible with Windows 10 because Windows 10 is been out for more than 2 months, so that should give developers plenty of times to re-code their applications to compatible with Windows 10.

for e.g : HIPS for Eset smart security 9 not working on windows 10 , you need some action to Enable it

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Atatrah , I have been testing Windows 10 on my main pc since it was released publicly and I really like a lot about it, previously I only had Vista and Window 7 and have no complaints about Windows 7. I never experience windows 8 so going from 7 to 10 I think I dodged the metro thing as windows 10 has a reasonable customization of start menu. Also on my aging PC with quad core intel q6600 ddr2 ram etc Windows 10 really has made it like a new optimized pc and makes better use of this aging hardware. If I want to I could go back to 7 and be very comfortable with it. My only concern on 10 is whether all my windows 7 and older but stilll relevant software is going to run without resorting to compatibility tweaks etc . I think 10 still has things to be worked out and allways will, but in my general view every operating system I ever owned was a ongoing stream of patches updates workarounds etc coming from Microsoft , as Well as people chopping and changing there video drivers to make things work on there favorite games etc . Sorry about the long answer but 10 is great but I'm very able to drop it in favor of running 7 with my older programs and I I have no need at all for Apps from the store. :)

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I have been using vista for many years and change to 7 and to 8.1. Now I'm using Windows 10 since his release.
I must to say that I have some big problems with my wi-fi on my laptop when I change 8.1 to 10 but now all my problems are solved.
Windows 10 is a kid, has much to improve and become more stable. W10 has some bugs and sometimes my apps crash soo I think W7 is better because is much more stable.
It's difficult compare an old OS(W7) to a young one like W10, if someone can compare them.

for e.g : HIPS for Eset smart security 9 not working on windows 10 , you need some action to Enable it
It happens to me too, Hips don't work when I install ESET. I have to reboot the system to make it work:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZypKode

Level 1
Verified
Aug 7, 2014
I installed Windows 10 a few Weeks ago.So Far So Good.It is getting Better with every Update (New Drivers,New Features).It has been Steady on my Laptop. What I didn't like about Windows 8.1 was The Charms Bar.It is good to see The Start Menu back in Windows 10. I am OK with Windows 10 Right Now.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have been excited:):) although (I must confess) apprehensiveo_O as well whilst considering jumping ship from Windows 8.1 to 10.:confused: That said, I truly prefer...
  • Windows 7 SP 1 ...even though I spend the least amount of time (online) on my wife's claimed system which has proved to be the most trouble free for us; and thusly 'I' have been delegated to..
  • Windows 8.1:rolleyes: which has developed, after 3 years, into a reliably stable system which has proven to be quick, responsive, & still (IMO) 2nd to it's older brother, 7, mainly because overall crashes & blue screens, though few now, have been cumulatively less upon our nearly trouble free older 7 OS. Next in line are..
  • Assorted linux Distros (in VMs) and and installed lubuntu (I'm typing from now) on older hardware. XP sleeps with the fishes on this same hardware.:p
As for the future, I shall continue to wait & watch such threads as these while further weighing the good, the bad, and the progressive developments of Windows' latest, though not graduated yet (at this time) to "Greatest", OS.

I love Windows 7.
Hi OpenSecLabs, do you love Windows 7 for similar reasons?:)

Last edited:

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
For me the best is I do not have any with him 8.1 Windows problems.
To install the Windows 10 is still wait until the end of July 2016 I time let it be well polished because it's a little lacking to full satisfaction.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.