Advice Request Windows 7 vs Windows 8 - Which one is better?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Windows 8.1 is faster than Win 7.
But in terms of graphic beauty, Win 7 definitely wins.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Well i used window 7 64 bit on my system & it's boot/shutdown time is slow compared to window 8 right now which i'm using . Window 8 security is better compared to window 7. Plus if u love to use window OS & want to learn new stuff then u rather move on coz window 9 will release next year & if u know how to handle window 8 well then i'm sure u will feel less hassle to use window 9. Window 8.1 supports direct x 11.2 so slightly a little graphic boost is in favor of it. Choice is urs :D

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Windows 8.1 Up1 better in every way against Windows 7.
Faster in every way (note call in 5 seconds), intuitive interface meter much more useful than the start menu, some additional functions. Windows 7 loses in every way to me ...
Simply would not use Windows 7 more ... My vision #

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
On a technical level Windows 8(1) does beat Windows 7 left right and center while running circles around it.
So yes Windows 8(1) is by far superior to Windows 7, which is not so surprising considering Windows 7 is what? 12 years old?
That being said there are beyond any doubt enough reasons and perks to go Windows 8 as your OS.
However Windows 7 is not a push over, it is second to winnt which was the best windows ever produced.
Did it go without hassle? No hell no both editions did have gazillions of problems, but in time both OS's got matured to a very lean mean OS.
And when considering security, stability, performance but evenly important usability then windows 7 is still a serious OS that gives windows 8 a run for its money (taking into account that windows 7 is being used according to common sense and skilled use)
The end level of protection offered by windows 7 if properly configured is actually higher then windows 8, while windows 8 does have more tools and more layers / being more advanced it actually under performs compared to windows 7.

However look at this as the military aircraft industry.
Windows 7 is a 4-Gen F16 but it got upgraded to a 4.5+Gen Advanced MLU F16. with little or no room left for improvments
While windows 8 out of the box is a 5th Gen Aircraft but has not reached its full potential, but due to the fact its not fully developed and is still in "maturing fase" (Just like the F35) it does perform way below the 4th Gen level, but it has the capacity to be a 6th Gen OS.

Does that make sense?

My point is Windows 7 is a veteran OS fully developed, patched and supported.
Windows 8 is just passing learn how to walk stage.,..

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Windows 7 is the next XP which I will use until something better comes along
yes x10, i agree with you, on test several apps, games offline/online....no windows can did well except...on windows 7
we test here on ten PC in our own net Cafe...therefore to who stick just on XP...is not bad to choose windows 7...
until something better comes along...beleive me ..you can take my words...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
On a technical level Windows 8(1) does beat Windows 7 left right and center while running circles around it.
So yes Windows 8(1) is by far superior to Windows 7, which is not so surprising considering Windows 7 is what? 12 years old?
That being said there are beyond any doubt enough reasons and perks to go Windows 8 as your OS.
However Windows 7 is not a push over, it is second to winnt which was the best windows ever produced.
Did it go without hassle? No hell no both editions did have gazillions of problems, but in time both OS's got matured to a very lean mean OS.
And when considering security, stability, performance but evenly important usability then windows 7 is still a serious OS that gives windows 8 a run for its money (taking into account that windows 7 is being used according to common sense and skilled use)
The end level of protection offered by windows 7 if properly configured is actually higher then windows 8, while windows 8 does have more tools and more layers / being more advanced it actually under performs compared to windows 7.

However look at this as the military aircraft industry.
Windows 7 is a 4-Gen F16 but it got upgraded to a 4.5+Gen Advanced MLU F16. with little or no room left for improvments
While windows is out of the box is a 5th Gen Aircraft but has not reached its full potential, but due to the fact its not fully developed and is still in "maturing fase" (Just like the F35) it does perform way below the 4th Gen level, but it has the capacity to be a 6th Gen OS.

Does that make sense?

My point is Windows 7 is a veteran OS fully developed, patched and supported.
Windows 8 is just passing learn how to walk stage.,..

n.nvt, your comparisons make grand sense!:) The very last line also describes (coincidentally) some users, depending on whether of not we've skipped our morning coffee!:p
On a serious note, ...this explanation vividly brings a greater understanding which delves further beneath the mere surface than many I've read!:)
It's also articulated in a way that was very different in it's approach than 'the last line' Umbra Polaris commented upon from the article shared by Silwncer

"—check out our guide to easy, lightweight Linux operating systems designed to allure Windows XP refugees."

Yup
, whomsoever has ever felt they've been ejected from their craft, and been left exiled without an OS in a foreign land (usually following their system's "jet fighter" having crashed & burned beyond repair) that describes Us!!!!;):p :D

D

Deleted member 178

In fact the main point thar almost everybody missed or forgot:

"What OS your machine was made for?"

In you have a machine bought during the end of XP and beginning of win7 era, Win8 will be slower than Win7.

But if you bought a Win8 machine you will see no differences in speed than when you first loaded your newly bought Win7 machine.

People compare OSes in the wrong context. Of course in a Win8 machine Win7 is faster (more powerful hardwares, etc...) and on a Win7 machine Win8 is slower!

I can tell that since i used both in a vista made machine

Now why i praise Linux? Because Linux is like having XP lightness and technicity coupled to win7 desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.