Advice Request Windows 8 Availability 2 to 3 Years after Windows 7

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
The fact that Windows 8 is planned for launch sometime within three years of the launch of Windows 7 doesn’t necessarily represent something new for the public.

After all, even with Windows Vista’s release, Microsoft top executives, including Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer made it clear that a 5 to 6 years gap between major Windows releases would never be repeated.

Following Vista, the software giant started aiming to offer new major iterations of Windows roughly three years apart.

With Steven Sinofsky, President, Windows and Windows Live Division at the helm of the Windows project, the company certainly managed to do so as far as Windows 7 is concerned, and it appears to be right on track to beat the three years estimate with the general availability of Windows 8.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh... its ok cause I'm expect that after graduation in 2013 laptops on the store may availability with preinstalled OS Windows 8.

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
I will be skipping this OS. Taking Windows 7 and adding Java and CSS overlay for the UI... Horrible Idea.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Lol you're wrong shadow, they're taking windows vista with SP3 (windows 7) and add java and CSS overlay :p

eXp

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
Windows 7, unlike what most believe isn't just Vista with service pack 3. If you read you'll find that they had to rewrite the kernel and explorer shell because of all the stuff they added over the years.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What will Windows 8 be, do you think v6.2 or v7? :p

Since 7 is v6.1 and Vista is v6.0.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
stormgtr said:
What will Windows 8 be, do you think v6.2 or v7? :p

Since 7 is v6.1 and Vista is v6.0.

i hope v7 ,storm
if, v6.2 it just fix bug on windows 7 nothing much different at all :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It will be more than a bug fix win7, I think it will be V. 6.2 since There's nothing much new with Windows 8.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They are mostly add some features like Smartscreen Filter, Reset Factory and others. They changed explorer in Ribbon UI but overall its same as Win 7 just they changed some interface.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
i just want wait until 2013 early :)
to get windows 8 and preparea desktop for it when last 2012 :)

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
I don't think I'm switching to Win8 as soon as its released. I'm probably going to stay on Win7 for a long time. But right now I am really into Linux, but I do have a Windows laptop. I do think Windows 8 will be great, so I'm expecting something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.