Advice Request Windows 8 beats Windows 7 in most performance tests

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
While there is a lot of debate about the Metro user interface that Microsoft has created for Windows 8, it seems that in terms of sheer performance, the new version of the Windows OS is better overall than the current version, Windows 7.

That's the conclusion of a new report on PCWorld.com. Its PCWorld Labs division recently ran a number of tests on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It included a test using its own proprietary benchmark software WorldBench 7.

Both Windows 8 and Windows 7 were installed on a PC with the same hardware specifications. It included an 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2500K processor with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card.

1187158-worldbench7-11338877.png

Sources.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm not really surprised to see this results as it's quite normal for a new product to achive a overall better performance than a product that was release 3 years ago.... Nevertheless Kudos to Microsoft for keeping the system requirements as low as they were in Windows 7.
Would be interesting to see a usability and user friendliness report ,as I'm sure some of the non-savy users will have some problems adapting to the new apps. system and double UI .....

V

Vextor

Expected. Reason is this has to be good enough to work on tablets, so it needs to be faster.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows Vista set the benchmark. If it can run Vista, it can run any Windows OS. That's how I see it. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Simply the higher the version and its development stage was the better also it will be one of the way to convince the users to buy the latest version of OS because of its results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.