Advice Request Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) 32-bit

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
For all those that have not tested windows 8 DP yet here you go :)

x32 - http://wdp.dlws.microsoft.com/WDPDL/9B8DFDFF736C5B1DBF956B89D8A9D4FD925DACD2/WindowsDeveloperPreview-32bit-English.iso
x64 - http://wdp.dlws.microsoft.com/WDPDL/9B8DFDFF736C5B1DBF956B89D8A9D4FD925DACD2/WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English.iso
x64 + SDK - http://wdp.dlws.microsoft.com/WDPDL/9B8DFDFF736C5B1DBF956B89D8A9D4FD925DACD2/WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English-Developer.iso

EDIT Here's how to install it in Vmware enjoy guys
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-Install-Windows-8-In-Vmware

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for this Nathan. I have already had a go at Windows 8 Windows 8 Pictures and I think that it is designed more for a tablet PC.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea i agree, with the squares everywhere it reminds me more of a windows phone so its probably suited towards tablets too

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
K__M said:
Thanks Nathan :D

I will try this with my virtual machine.

As far as I know K__M Windows 8 does not work in a virutal machine, because I have already tried that and it will not boot into the installation process. So that is why I had to do it on a standalone machine I had.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
McLovin said:
K__M said:

As far as I know K__M Windows 8 does not work in a virtual machine, because I have already tried that and it will not boot into the installation process. So that is why I had to do it on a standalone machine I had.

Oh, that sucks. I will try it on there. But, if not i will just delete it and wait for a few months for BETA or something. Thanks for the info though.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
K__M said:
McLovin said:
K__M said:

As far as I know K__M Windows 8 does not work in a virtual machine, because I have already tried that and it will not boot into the installation process. So that is why I had to do it on a standalone machine I had.

Oh, that sucks. I will try it on there. But, if not i will just delete it and wait for a few months for BETA or something. Thanks for the info though.

No problem ;)

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
actually it dose work it vm ;)
25ezacl.png

30jobj4.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
actually it dose work it vm

It does? How? Because I tried it the other day and it did not work.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Oh, okay. I will have to have a look at it, because as far as I know that you can only do it in Windows server with Hyper-V but by the looks of it you can do it in VMware.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
firefx said:
is this version the latest available?

It should be. Remember it is still in BETA so might be glichy.

JayJay

Nov 7, 2011
Is this like Windows 8 but just the BETA version of it? And if I install it can I still keep all my files and everything I have on here? I'm currently running Vista. Also, If I ever decide I want to go back to Vista will I have to reinstall Vista/Restore my computer back to Factory Default?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Well i wouldn't recommend using it as your PRI OS just download VmWare 30day trial and follow my guide to install it ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
JayJay said:
Is this like Windows 8 but just the BETA version of it? And if I install it can I still keep all my files and everything I have on here? I'm currently running Vista. Also, If I ever decide I want to go back to Vista will I have to reinstall Vista/Restore my computer back to Factory Default?

I would not recommend installing Windows 8 on your main computer just in case it wipes your Vista. I would do what Nathan said do it in a VM or get a old hard drive that you have lying around the house and use that or even an old computer lying around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.