Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
-
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
reinstalled video driver
So today I had a notification from windows action center that I have 2 Video hardware errors. It really didn't give any other info than that other than giving me a couple of very long log files that mostly just seemed to list all my devices and everything on the computer. It gave me a .dmp, a sysdata.xml and a werinternalmetadata.xml logs for both errors.
Anyway, I'm just puzzled by this and am confused on what this means. Any help would be appreciated. It also doesn't list the errors now unless I go into the action center and click on "Check for solutions".Thanks a lot

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
1) What is your operating system use?

2) Specifically what video hardware is installed? Can you provide a screenshot for that error?

3) Does video hardware shows a warning by going to Control Panel then Device Manager?

Upvote 0

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
1- I have Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit
2- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560M (which is updated to latest version). I tried to run the Check Solutions again to bring up the error so I can screenshot but now it just says "no new solutions found" and the error that I got isn't listed anywhere in the action center where it appeared initially and hasn't happened again since then.
3- No, I am able to go to control panel and device manager without any issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
nothing is coming up in the archived messages, it just says "no archived messages". however, in the event viewer there seems to be a lot of errors saying "Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP server) for the Network Card with network address *x************. The following error occured 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
How's your computer now? Because if that error came only as first time but successfully installed and functioning well of video hardware then you don't have to worry.

Is that error happens during the process of installation only or happens every time it boots up?

Upvote 0

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
the video hardware error hasn't happened again, so far. the DHCP error that I pasted is just an error that I see listed many times over in the event viewer. Do you know what would be causing me to have that error pop up in the event viewer so much? Or do I need to go to a different forum for that one

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do you know what would be causing me to have that error pop up in the event viewer so much? Or do I need to go to a different forum for that one

Actually its already a different type of issue but by researching this problem, a bunch of solution provided. ;)

Did you think to yourself that its already case solve? Since there's nothing any complications happened based on your statements.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.