Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by BoraMurdar, May 23, 2016.

1. BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Official Website:
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool
    Release Notes:
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool
    Article from gHacks

Windows ISO Downloader is a free program for Windows that allows you to download Windows operating system ISO images from Microsoft servers.

Downloading an ISO image of the operating system that is already installed on devices you are working with is always a good idea in case you need to reinstall the operating system or repair it.

Microsoft for whatever reason makes it difficult to grab official ISO images of versions of Windows that it supports currently.

[​IMG]
    You have to dig deep to find official and direct download links of Windows ISO images on Microsoft's website.

One of the better solutions is offered on the company's Techbench website, but it only highlights downloads for Microsoft's newest operating system Windows 10.

We have revealed in the past how you can modify the page using development tools that are part of all modern web browsers to display ISO download links for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 as well.

Windows ISO Downloader

Windows ISO Downloader is a free program for Windows that does more or less the same. It displays the available operating systems that you can download ISO images from -- those are Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 10 Insider Preview -- and loads a form that looks identical to the one found on the Techbench website.

[​IMG]
    Note: Windows ISO Downloader does not need to be installed but it does require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1.

First, you are asked to select the edition that you want to download. The selection may be overwhelming at first if you don't already know which edition you want to download.

Here is a quick overview of what is offered:
    • Windows 7 SP1: Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate
    • Windows 7 SP1 N / K / KN: same as above
    • Windows 8.1: Windows 8.1, Single Language, Professional LE
    • Windows 8.1 N / K / KN: same as above
    • Windows 10 Threshold 1: Windows 10, Single Language, Education, N, Education N, KN, Education KN, China Not Genuine.
    • Windows 10 Threshold 2: same as above
    • Windows 10 Threshold 2 Updated: same as above
    • Windows 10 Insider Preview: Client Insider Preview, Enterprise VL Insider Preview, Education Insider Preview, Core Single Language Insider Preview, China Only Insider Preview
    • Windows 10 IOT Insider Preview
    After selecting the Windows edition that you want to download as an ISO image, you get to the language selection prompt.

It lists all the available languages supported by that edition of Windows. The program displays download links for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows afterwards.

You can start the download directly from within the application with a click on a download button, or use the copy link buttons instead to copy it to the clipboard.

The latter may be useful if you want to use a third-party program for the download. Since downloads are large, it is probably a good idea to use a download manager for these.

Closing Words

Windows ISO Downloader does not reinvent the wheel but it makes the manual process of downloading ISO images from Microsoft more comfortable.

If you have troubles getting the download options to display on the Techbench site, you may want to give the program a try as it is a suitable alternative for that.

Download:Windows ISO Downloader.exe
    Version: 1.02
    Release Date: 22 May 2016
    Requirements: .NET Framework 4.6.1

2. Jrs30

Jrs30 New Member
    Trusted

Feb 4, 2016
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Very very good! Thank you so much for this @BoraMurdar ! I'm downloading the Windows 10 by IDM.

BryanB, Logethica, TheBlue262 and 8 others like this.
  3. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Phenomenal! The Media Creation Tool hasn't been working for me and I need a Windows 10 ISO.. Hopefully this will work and I can finally have a backup! Thanks. :)

BryanB, Andytay70, Logethica and 6 others like this.
  4. TheJokerz

TheJokerz Level 4

Jan 7, 2016
    Information Technology
    Ohio
    Windows 10
    Webroot
    Great find thank you for sharing!

BryanB, Andytay70, Logethica and 5 others like this.
  5. Alkajak

Alkajak Guest

The Windows ISOs aren't that buried on the Microsoft website anymore, they're right on the Downloads landing.

This, however, can be extremely useful for one feature in particular. The Microsoft website requires you to enter your Windows 7 product key before being able to download the ISO. Does this bypass it?

davisd, TheJokerz, Jrs30 and 3 others like this.
  6. BoraMurdar

Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I think it does, WZor posted some similar trick a week ago, it's tricking the webpage with scripts

BryanB, Andytay70, Logethica and 8 others like this.
  7. Alkajak

Alkajak Guest

Awesome, I hope they don't change this. I've been looking for a trusted and clean Windows 7 ISO that can be used on any PC.

BryanB, davisd, pablozi and 6 others like this.
  8. DardiM

DardiM Level 26
    Trusted AV Tester

May 14, 2016
    France
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    #8 DardiM, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    I just downloaded windows 10 with this tool : 4.08 GB at 34.1 MB/s (2min25s).
    Thank you for sharing! :)

BryanB, Andytay70, Logethica and 6 others like this.
  9. Alkajak

Alkajak Guest

Just reporting in to say Norton File Insight does not like this software. File removed for medium risk reputation. Temporarily disabling Norton for the usage of this program, as I do think it is a false positive.

davisd, DardiM, pablozi and 3 others like this.
  10. imsoadude

imsoadude Level 3

Feb 21, 2011
    Network Support Technician
    Canada
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Thanks for this, Very useful! Wont need to search around for the different ISOs now :)

BryanB, Logethica, davisd and 5 others like this.
  11. kev216

kev216 Level 18
    Content Creator Trusted

Aug 6, 2014
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Sophos
    Was also detected by Qihoo this week I read, but it seems they took a closer look at it and reported it as safe there too.

BryanB, Logethica, davisd and 5 others like this.
  12. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Another handy tool out there, usually its hard to find accurate ISO like WIndows 7 especially when everything are incomplete from 3rd party servers.

DardiM, kev216, Alkajak and 2 others like this.
  13. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    Thank you very much for letting us know about this tool @BoraMurdar now i can easily download M$ ISO's wherever i am

14. Alkajak

Alkajak Guest

The newest update includes Office 2007 and Office 2010 ISOs. Just downloaded every ISO and I'm keeping them for a rainy day. Amazingly useful software.

davisd, Jrs30, DardiM and 2 others like this.
  15. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    #16 DJ Panda, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    So should I download every single possible ISO? WIndows 7, 8.1, 10 Office, Ect? Whats different between Office 2007 and 2010? Should I get both 32 and 64 bit versions?

Hopefully they can have XP and Vista ISO downloads sometime.

Logethica and JakeXPMan like this.
  16. Alkajak

Alkajak Guest

I don't know, download the ones you need. I avoided OEM, N, etc versions. I downloaded Windows 7 HP/P/U x64, 8.1 x64 and 10 TH2 Updated x64.

davisd and kev216 like this.
  17. BoraMurdar

Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    As of version 2.00, the tool can also download Microsoft Office.

Download: Windows ISO Downloader.exe
    Version: 2.00
    Requirements: .NET Framework 4.6.1, Internet Explorer 11

Version 2.00 (26 May 2016): Added download options for Office 2007 and 2010.
    27 May 2016: Added new Insider Preview ISO files via server update. No need to re-download the tool. The new files show up in the current and all old versions automatically.

18. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Level 19

May 7, 2016
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Is this real/Original ISO of windows10?@BoraMurdar

Logethica and (deleted member) like this.
  19. BoraMurdar

Staff Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Doctor of medicine
    Serbia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Yes. All the ISOs are original ones from Microsoft Servers