Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I've seen a few people recommending this tool to people that want to download a Windows 8 .iso, though it doesn't offer it.

Reactions: Logethica

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Windows 8 is almost verbatim to 8.1. Windows 8 is not supported anymore and you can only get updates from 8.1 now. :)

I know, though I've seen users wanting the Windows 8 .iso for X reason, so that tool is of no use to them even though some recommend it.

TheBlue262

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
... by checking if the ip address belongs to microsoft o_O

Not to be rude but not sure what type of confirmation you're expecting.
I heard there are some iso files that have malware attached to them. This is why I'm wondering if the iso files here are different then original.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Version 4.00 (24 September 2016)
Office 2013 and 2016 download link creator, fallback to offline version when heidoc.net server is down, code optimizations and security patches.

Download: Windows ISO Downloader.exe
Version: 4.00
Release Date: 24 September 2016
Requirements: .NET Framework 4.6.1, Internet Explorer 11

Legacy Version for .NET Framework 3.5: Windows ISO Downloader Legacy.exe

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Seems like this isn't working for most downloads any more. In the application I keep getting "GetHostEntry failed!" after clicking most options. Any one else experiencing this?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I have the same issue.

Reported it via the Contact Us page on the authors website. Hopefully he will be able to get it fixed soon. I notice the most recent version was released a week or two ago so its possible its a new issue in this version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.