Solved windows back up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spareroomgirl

Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Hi I am new to this, can anyone help me. Just installed bitdefender total security 2012, prior to this I could back up my computer via windows, now I am unable to do so. It is giving me error code OX-80780119 stating I do not have enough room to back up. this is not so, I have 420 gb free on my C drive, 458 free on my d drive and the drive I usually back up to I have 821 Gb free. Bit defender are stating it was not the software causing the problems.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you check the link that James has put in his post, and if you try unistalling it and then try reinstalling it that might help.

Upvote 0

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It is probably a bit late for the op (old thread) but in case anyone else has this issue:
This issue with BitDefender was also noticed on this blog (Raymond.cc). There is a fix there that I never tried.
If you decide to attempt his fix:
  • step 5: You should start the Command Prompt with Administrator privileges: Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, Accessories and right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
  • step 6: he made a typo, the command should be:
    Code:
    fsutil usn queryjournal Z:

An alternative (and I probably recommend this) could be to use third party software to backup your drive/partition. I currently use Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free and I am satisfied with it. Another alternative that most people use is Macrium Reflect Free.

Upvote 0

spareroomgirl

Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
bogdan said:
It is probably a bit late for the op (old thread) but in case anyone else has this issue:
This issue with BitDefender was also noticed on this blog (Raymond.cc). There is a fix there that I never tried.
If you decide to attempt his fix:
  • step 5: You should start the Command Prompt with Administrator privileges: Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, Accessories and right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
  • step 6: he made a typo, the command should be:
    Code:
    fsutil usn queryjournal Z:

An alternative (and I probably recommend this) could be to use third party software to backup your drive/partition. I currently use Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free and I am satisfied with it. Another alternative that most people use is Macrium Reflect Free.

thanks for that, will try, still not sorted

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.