Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
This thread is to list some decent email clients for those who do not wish to use either the Windows mail client/Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook:

Mailbird: Mailbird 2.0 - The Best Email Client for Windows 7, 8 & 10
eM Client: eM Client
Claws Mail: Claws Mail - The user-friendly, lightweight, and fast e-mail client

I have used Claws on both Lindows and Linux.

eM Client and Mailbird are good alternatives.

In the end however I use Web based mails as it is easier for me but above are some decent choices.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
This thread is to list some decent email clients for those who do not wish to use either the Windows mail client/Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook:

Mailbird: Mailbird 2.0 - The Best Email Client for Windows 7, 8 & 10
eM Client: eM Client
Claws Mail: Claws Mail - The user-friendly, lightweight, and fast e-mail client

I have used Claws on both Lindows and Linux.

eM Client and Mailbird are good alternatives.

In the end however I use Web based mails as it is easier for me but above are some decent choices.

For me, eM Client is a clear winner.
Great UI, very easy to handle, easy for beginners, free (limited to 2 Mail accounts and for Home use only), but price for a lifetime subscription is pretty ok. Too bad I did not know it before purchasing SoftMaker Office 2012 Pro in the past (main requirement was a replacement for the heavy Outlook 2007), with which it came bundled with, now they (SoftMaker) cancelled their partnership.

Did really not like The Bat!
Kinda oldfashioned and not that great to handle (for me).
Secure email client for Windows to keep your data safe

Since I employ a MailClient (Outlook->Thunderbird->eM Client), I've rarely been on those bulky provider pages (especially GMX and Web.de...)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use Opera Mail right now. Since it's not in the browser anymore they made a standalone program from it. It's light, has much options and does it's job very well. I like it more than Thunderbird, which I used in the past.
When Vivaldi will integrate their mail client in the browser soon, I might change to that, instead of using Opera mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.