App Review Windows Defender 6.1.7600.16385 Review by lxamir96lx

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Is Windows Defender on your system (?) :

• Enabled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disabled

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Not Installed

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Why copy MrXidus's methods of making AV reviews? Don't you have originality?
This is a thumbs down for me,:dodgy:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@ BoXX Aye easy give this guy some positive its hes first AV review, He obviously likes my style of testing and is inspired by it, He wouldn't use my style if it wasn't good right? Besides hes not the only one whos started using my style of AV testing there are now some others on Youtube who do the same now like bbbbweb, Long as they don't thief my 'MalwareGuru' logo or claim to be me then I'm fine. It makes me happy to see people like my style :p

He got a thumbs up from me and +2

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Very good for your first review :D Kepp it up.

lxamir96lx

Thread author
May 15, 2011
lxamir96lx said:
Me testing Windows Defender 6.1.7600.16385

Watch my video in HD :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgylvN4ZKc

BoXX28 said:
Why copy MrXidus's methods of making AV reviews? Don't you have originality?
This is a thumbs down for me,:dodgy:

MrXidus said:
@ BoXX Aye easy give this guy some positive its hes first AV review, He obviously likes my style of testing and is inspired by it, He wouldn't use my style if it wasn't good right? Besides hes not the only one whos started using my style of AV testing there are now some others on Youtube who do the same now like bbbbweb, Long as they don't thief my 'MalwareGuru' logo or claim to be me then I'm fine. It makes me happy to see people like my style :p

He got a thumbs up from me and +2

Thanx for the comment and support me mate :)
And yea,im kinda like your style ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
first nice video :) I liked it (if I don't con't the music) it's nice to see that you're trying to make malwartips visible :) +3 for you first hard work

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Mbam - 39 infected objects detected
Didn't do that good..but it has a good excuse..Microsoft designed Windows Defender to protect a pc against spyware and other unwanted software...
I've disabled Windows Defender on my pc since I can't find any good use for it.

:eek:fftopic: good video... :D

lxamir96lx

Thread author
May 15, 2011
Valentin N said:
first nice video :) I liked it (if I don't con't the music) it's nice to see that you're trying to make malwartips visible :) +3 for you first hard work

Thanx mate for the +3 and the comment :)
I really appreciate it :D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
thats good for you like mrx style :)
i have my style :p
with music BG and not rushing video processes and just rush if scan processes :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Good video. I like your style, very original :p

WD did better than I was expecting, I have to say :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually that style we will make the test bit faster as long the logo of MalwareGuru of MrXidus is not copied.

Anyway good review, Windows Defender having a fairly low-medium detection rate if you use MSE it will performed different than WD since its an antispyware.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Win7holic, you shouldn't get upset if other members complain that they can't understand your posts. It will help you allot if you try harder to improve your English.

Off-topic posts removed. Please be nice to each-other and stick to the topic.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So do you guys have Windows Denfender enabled or disable on your system?
and If you did disable it....why did you do that?

defender_find.jpg

Real-time protection ;
[attachment=303]

Automatic scanning;
[attachment=304]

Note : Windows Defender is included with all versions of Windows Vista;7 and is available to download for genuine copies of Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 566
  • 1.png
    1.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 589

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Not installed, Since I find no use for this, MBAM's a better antispyware replacment than WD.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In XP I don't have installed WD then in netbook laptop (Parents) was disabled due to that MSE have antispyware and can perform it well.

D

Deleted member 178

disabled because i use many other softs doing the same job better.

V

Vextor

Disabled as I hate it. I have McAfee which is rubbish but I will be taking it off soon for Norton which is a hella load better

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.