RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
According to this, the following drivers have problems and need to be re-installed:

• PCI device
  • Airplane Mode HID mini-driver
Using the Troubleshoot tool, system fails to re-install. So i downloaded driver updaters (like Driver Booster from IObit) and i'm missing no drivers, all up to date.

Failed fixing attemps:

1. Use troubleshoot tool to reinstall the drivers
  2. Use DriverBooster
  3. Manually uninstalling and re-installing drivers from Device Mananger
  4. Rebooting (?)

Any ideas? Or do you know how to disable the alert?

Thank you.

Reactions: SHvFl

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Take a look into About in your system settings and tell me what is says.
Here is my build:
upload_2017-6-12_21-54-1.png

Reactions: SHvFl and RoboMan
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To avoid confusion on Windows 10 Creators, it's not specifically an issue between a Driver and Windows Defender, but a Device Performance ("PC health") issue. It's how Microsoft creates a mess of things.

upload_2017-6-12_21-22-45.png

A screenshot of the affected device (Warning triangle) Device Manager would greatly help, as suggested by @pablozi. Edit: (above)

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Ignore the msg if all your devices work well. They just want to install the driver they believe is correct.

Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
BUt there are some problems with the drivers of those 2 devices.
What are the details? Why there are yellow triangles in Device Manager?

Reactions: ravi prakash saini
Upvote 0

RECdevicehelper

Level 2
Verified
Jun 3, 2017
Okay Guys, Windows Defender is correct, it is not a bug because he showed us a snapshot of his device manager and the yellow triangles indicate there is a
driver issue. You are right @pablozi

@RoboMan

I think we need to focus on getting those drivers sorted because your system will be unstable and you will have issues in the future unless we get them sorted.

So firstly, please backup any important data before we start troubleshooting as this is crucial. You can use a USB, External Hard Drive or the Cloud.

Secondly, please download Snappy Driver Installer Lite

After it has download it, please extract the zip and either run SDI_R1751.exe or SDI_x64_R1751.exe

Try both if you are unsure. If one of them gives you an error, then it certain that the other one will work.

Once it has run, put a tick in Expert Mode and make sure Not Installed, Newer and Best Match is selected. Then on your screen, you will see a purple box which says updates are available. Click on the box, put a tick in indexes, click accept at the bottom and click ok. Be patient and let it download it. You will then see a list of drivers after it has completed. Put a tick in only one square box for each driver, select Create a Restore Point and Restart PC After Installation under Options and click Install. Make sure you repeat this step for each driver.

If you get stuck, let us know :)

P.S Snappy Driver Installer is a better piece of software and has never disappointed me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Okay Guys, Windows Defender is correct, it is not a bug because he showed us a snapshot of his device manager and the yellow triangles indicate there is a

@RoboMan

I think we need to focus on getting those drivers sorted because your system will be unstable and you will have issues in the future unless we get them sorted.

So firstly, please backup any important data before we start troubleshooting as this is crucial. You can use a USB, External Hard Drive or the Cloud.

After it has download it, please extract the zip and either run SDI_R1751.exe or SDI_x64_R1751.exe

Try both if you are unsure. If one of them gives you an error, then it certain that the other one will work.

Once it has run, put a tick in Expert Mode and make sure Not Installed, Newer and Best Match is selected. Then on your screen, you will see a purple box which says updates are available. Click on the box, put a tick in indexes, click accept at the bottom and click ok. Be patient and let it download it. You will then see a list of drivers after it has completed. Put a tick in only one square box for each driver, select Create a Restore Point and Restart PC After Installation under Options and click Install. Make sure you repeat this step for each driver.

P.S Snappy Driver Installer is a better piece of software and has never disappointed me
if he notices the problem from the windows defender report, there doesn't seem to be a problem for him.
for example i dont have bluetooth drivers installed for my mobo, sure it's yellow, but if you don't use the device, it's not really a problem.

"don't try fix something that aint broken"

Upvote 0

RECdevicehelper

Level 2
Verified
Jun 3, 2017
if he notices the problem from the windows defender report, there doesn't seem to be a problem for him.
for example i dont have bluetooth drivers installed for my mobo, sure it's yellow, but if you don't use the device, it's not really a problem.

"don't try fix something that aint broken"
Still that besdies the point, I understand what you are saying @mekelek, but there could be problems in future that could be linked with not all the drivers installed. Such as something doesn't work a feature or what have you and this is because a driver wasn't installed. But still, it is best practise to have all drivers installed anyway and you still don't have to use that particular feature or driver.

@RoboMan I would still suggest you follow my instructions in resolving those driver issues

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Still that besdies the point, I understand what you are saying @mekelek, but there could be problems in future that could be linked with not all the drivers installed. Such as something doesn't work a feature or what have you and this is because a driver wasn't installed. But still, it is best practise to have all drivers installed anyway and you still don't have to use that particular feature or driver.

@RoboMan I would still suggest you follow my instructions in resolving those driver issues
Hi mate, thanks for the tips. Just before i download this software you mention, i must tell you i ran Driver Booster and it said i had no missing drivers. Is this a better product that will somehow say i am missing drivers?

Upvote 0

RECdevicehelper

Level 2
Verified
Jun 3, 2017
Hi mate, thanks for the tips. Just before i download this software you mention, i must tell you i ran Driver Booster and it said i had no missing drivers. Is this a better product that will somehow say i am missing drivers?
Yes, it is a much better and would recommend you use for all your driver needs. I use it on clean installations and any driver issues my clients and customers have.

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan: Are you using Dell PC? Download OEM's driver and refrain from using Driver Booster since they introduce more problems than fix. Intel HID driver is present in skylake and above, so are you using similar spec PC?
I'm using a laptop kind-of-self made :)

@RoboMan

I did exactly what you told me. Both drivers i'm having problems with pop up there but it says;

"Device requires a driver but it was not found on Driver Pack" :(

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.