Not open for further replies.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Is there a conflict between COMODO Firewall and Windows Defender? For some reason i cant turn on Windows Defender :/

Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
If your Windows detects Comodo Firewall (I hope it's just CFW you're using, not semi-disabled CIS) as a virus protection like Kaspersky has been detected in mine, as shown in the below picture
UnyfocZ.png
Then, for sure, Windows Defender will be turned off, thinking that you already have an antivirus.
If so, Defender realtime protection can't be turned on.

I am telling you to check this because earlier in some cases CFW was detected as an antivirus protection due to its exhaustive features.

Reactions: shmu26 and Claw
Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
if you have CIS, then it should turn off WD.
If you have CFW, then it should not.
well i had cfw and windows defender was off, i went in the file of windows defender and some files were missing like the defender itself!

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
well i had cfw and windows defender was off, i went in the file of windows defender and some files were missing like the defender itself!
that's kind of suspicious. It is not so easy to delete those files.
If I was you, I would post your interesting case in the malware removal subforum, and let twinheaded eagle suss that out.

Upvote 0

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I didn't get you. Do you mean that you browsed to the Windows Defender folder and you couldn't find some executable of Defender?
Somewhat like this? :
Ri6CwYa.png
That's should be fine.
Did you check the Security and Maintenance section in Control Panel as I asked you to, in my previous post?

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
I didn't get you. Do you mean that you browsed to the Windows Defender folder and you couldn't find some executable of Defender?
Somewhat like this? :
Ri6CwYa.png
That's should be fine.
Did you check the Security and Maintenance section in Control Panel as I asked you to, in my previous post?
Its all good now, i fixed it. But another problem poped up :(

Reactions: Parsh
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How did you solve the issue?

It is helpful to share as others may be experiencing similar issues.

Upvote 0

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016

He apparently has uninstalled CFW and installed CIS. His new thread indicates that. Let Defender alone

Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017

i just deleted CF. Apparently it was blocking Deefender from starting and Windows identified CF like AV or something.....

Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
He apparently has uninstalled CFW and installed CIS. His new thread indicates that. Let Defender alone
i will prob install glasswire later on, but first help me fix LoL pls pls

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.