Disclaimer

This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Andy Ful

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Evjl's Rain,
I am curious why in some countries there is a problem with infection via USB drives (which is a well known fact). This vector of infection has some downsides:
  1. The malware is usually checked twice (or more) by AVs - someone has to download it from the Internet and share with others via USB drive.
  2. The moment of downloading from the USB drive usually happens a few days later.
It seems that it is not easy to be infected this way, except when sharing many executables downloaded via torrents from shady websites (usually pirated games, software cracks, etc.).
That was the case in my country some years ago, but it is not a problem now.
How popular is Windows 10 in your country?

Evjl's Rain

Level 41
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Evjl's Rain,
I am curious why in some countries there is a problem with infection via USB drives (which is a well known fact). This vector of infection has some downsides:
  1. The malware is usually checked twice (or more) by AVs - someone has to download it from the Internet and share with others via USB drive.
  2. The moment of downloading from the USB drive usually happens a few days later.
It seems that it is not easy to be infected this way, except when sharing many executables downloaded via torrents from shady websites (usually pirated games, software cracks, etc.).
That was the case in my country some years ago, but it is not a problem now.
How popular is Windows 10 in your country?
in Asian countries, people usually have crap hardwares => so many people are still using Windows 7, even W7 32bit (I am). The price is not cheap for many people and the income is not high too
I have 4 machines, 2 of them have 2GB RAM, 1 has 4GB and my personal laptop has 8GB
the lower end ones are even struggling to run W7 32bit but at least they are still usable. I don't even dare to think about install higher versions
Many people refuse to use any security product because they assume they are knowledgeable
Many novice users using W7 don't even know how to install an AV => sources of viruses
some PCs in my hospital have expired license of Kaspersky 2015!!! and some don't even have an AV

People in my country like cracks because they don't like paying for softwares, another source of viruses
Mostly cracked products are internet download manager, games, game hacktools, norton, kaspersky, eset, windows and MS office

EDIT: I have seen many people attempted to install W10 on their low-end machines, then, they had windows updates issues or they couldn't tolerate the decrease in speed => they ask tech guys to install W7 back
W10 prevalence is increasing but much slower compared to other countries, I guess

Last edited: