Windows Defender Sliced, Diced, & Bypassed at Black Hat 2019

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

There were multiple demonstrations of Microsoft Windows Defender (WD) being bypassed in different ways.

And that was a HUGE compliment to WD.

Usually, the bypass demos target the AVs with the reputation of being most difficult to bypass.

Kaspersky has been a long-time demo target. Sometimes Norton or Bitdefender.... In recent years, the 'Next-Gens' have been demo'd.

And this year, Windows Defender is thought of highly enough to be demo'd.

The reputation of WD is changing even in that crowd.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thank you for providing this...I'm still trying to navigate my way around and find some of the topics on Defender bypass. Help, anyone? This is still an ongoing seminar, until the 8th, so there's still more info to be had, I suppose. Even so, there is nothing at the moment I would change about my setup, until further notice of course. Microsoft needed to bring Defender out of the gutter. Now, it deserves some real respect. Plus, its market share is growing.

The location, Mandalay Bay, did not escape my notice. A grim reminder, one of many.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.