Battle Windows Defender vs Avast Premier

Heyye

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 18, 2016
Hello. Before I was using Windows 7, with Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall combo. Today i upgraded my PC to Windows 10. I bought Windows 10 license and they also send me Avast Premier key like promotion. I couldnt decide which one is more effective and stable.

I think that Avast has more features but Defender is more compatible with Windows 10.

And the gold question is which one do you recommend?

Sorry for my English.

Best regards.

baddogai

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2018
Why is Avast bad now? I haven't used it in years since I got annoyed with the pop-ups and went with Kaspersky since it was cheaper but it was a always good free solution with above average detection and performance. WD is okay but they never impressed me with their detection rates and the fact that its updates are tied to the windows update service.

Since Avast presumably has the paid version with no ads, I'd say go with Avast.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.