Solved Windows do not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
Hey :D

Well, i installed some updates for windows yesterday, and now my laptop wont boot.

It started to do a chkdsk, and now its f**ed up.

Its an acer aspire 5742G. My old laptop had a recovery tool, dunno if this have? Have tried ALT+F10, nothing happends. What to do? :)

br
Devial

D

Deleted member 178

i put the link here again, the w7 Recovery CD is a bootable cd. so you may repair your system with it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-system-repair-disc

i go out now, try it and post the result so other member may help you

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
I see. But the guide says i should be in windows which is impossible right now :)

can i do this on my other computer and use it on my laptop? Its not the same version of windows 7 :)

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I have links to .iso files of Windows 7 Recovery Discs 32-bit and 64-bit. If you could download the one you need with your other PC and burn it to a CD then attempt to boot & repair your broken PC.
If you would like to try this PM me for the links. :cool:

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

MrXidus said:
If you could download the one you need with your other PC and burn it to a CD then attempt to boot & repair your broken PC.

it is what i want he do, normally it should fix the problem

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you manage to boot up in safe mode using F8 then try System Restore the time before you applied the update? If not succeed then just try the suggestion to other members.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.