Windows Docks

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Does anyone here have any extensive knowledge of 3rd party docks for windows 10?

I've always liked the look of Mac's since I used to work on them in graphic arts in college. I just have always hated the fanaticism behind them and most of the functionality I am not a fan of. That being said however, I do Like docks. Problem is most of the docks I tried before annoyed me because the program windows would not minimize to the dock, they would still minimize to the bar with no option to change it.

There was one exception (rocketdock) but it would create duplicates of each icon when it did minimize to the dock (im really anal sometimes lol)

are there any good docks nowadays that minimize to the dock just like mac?

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413
P

plat1098

No "extensive knowledge" but as an anecdote, I use Stardock ObjectDock and am very satisfied with it. Items I have pinned to the dock minimize to there from desktop. It cost 4.99 USD. Here, a link to a screenshot of desktop. This is the only product I know/use but I'm very happy with it, seeing as I cannot stand doo-dads flying around or worse, the taskbar. Period. Stardock looks to have other desktop customizing software--I took a look at Fences, it looks fantastic but not willing to spend any more at the moment here. I recall somewhere @ForgottenSeer 58943 having experience with Fences and other Stardock software. :)

I searched for Windows dockers and what came up was a howtogeek article dated 2012, not great, but there were like 7 or 8 choices there. Maybe a few are still around besides ObjectDock.

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
No "extensive knowledge" but as an anecdote, I use Stardock ObjectDock and am very satisfied with it. Items I have pinned to the dock minimize to there from desktop. It cost 4.99 USD. Here, a link to a screenshot of desktop. This is the only product I know/use but I'm very happy with it, seeing as I cannot stand doo-dads flying around or worse, the taskbar. Period. Stardock looks to have other desktop customizing software--I took a look at Fences, it looks fantastic but not willing to spend any more at the moment here. I recall somewhere @ForgottenSeer 58943 having experience with Fences and other Stardock software. :)

I searched for Windows dockers and what came up was a howtogeek article dated 2012, not great, but there were like 7 or 8 choices there. Maybe a few are still around besides ObjectDock.

I'll have to look into that. I was looking for something free preferably lol (I know, im cheap)

Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.